Goodyear Medalist J. Reid Shelton dies at 96
- Industry says goodbye to longtime friends. // Rubber & Plastics News;12/15/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p13
The article presents obituaries for several people including J. Reid Shelton, teacher at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, Bill Coffey, founder of Latex International LLC, and Douglas H. Eisenlohr, vice president of sales at Lion Copolymer LLC.
- Lion aims to leverage EPDM technology. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;May/Jun2010, Vol. 192 Issue 3, p27
The article reports on the company Lion Copolymer LLC which is one of the main suppliers of pure Ziegler-Natta types of ethylene proplene diene monomer (EPDM).
- Lion Copolymer cited by OSHA. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;5/2/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p0005
The article reports that representative of Lion Copolymer LLC and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently met to discuss about citations of OSHA against Lion Copolymer.
- Lion copolymer launches NSBR material. // European Rubber Journal;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 192 Issue 6, p12
The article evaluates the Sabor acrylonitrile-styrene-butadiene terpolymer (NSBR) from Lion Copolymer LLC.
- SBR roars ahead on Lion. Dulle, Tracy; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/16/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 15, p12
This article reports on the upward pressure on prices of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) caused by production problems at the SBR plant of Lion Copolymer in Baton Rouge, Florida. According to Lion Copolymer chief executive officer (CEO) Paul Saunders the problems were caused by the fouling of its...
- Have gun, will teach. Noga, Edward // Rubber & Plastics News;10/19/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p23
The article presents information on P. Dodd May, former executive vice president at Lion Copolymer Inc., who is now teaching defensive pistol handling courses in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is presently serving as a consultant to the company. May says his interest in firearms began as a boy of...
- DEADLINE NEWS. // Rubber & Plastics News;9/8/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the rubber and plastic industry. Hurricane Gustav caused some damage to Lion Copolymer LLC's SBR plant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana but communications and limited shipments resumed soon after the storm. Veyance Technologies Inc. is acquiring a Brazilian...
- Chemtura turns rubber into cash. Chynoweth, Emma // ICIS Chemical Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 53, p17
The article reports on an agreement signed by Chemtura to sell parts of its rubber chemicals interests to Lion Copolymer. Under the deal, Lion will acquire Chemtura's ethylene-propylene-diene monomer business, along with rubber chemicals operations, based in Geismar, Louisiana, in the U.S., and...
- Lion Copolymer: Core again and loving it. Noga, Edward // Rubber & Plastics News;11/27/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p4
The article presents information about the rubber producer Lion Copolymer LLC. The company has invested $3 million to improve the process controls at its plant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Advanced trays have been added in two stripping columns in the plant. It has the capacity to produce over 360...