Goodyear Medalist J. Reid Shelton dies at 96
- Industry says goodbye to longtime friends. // Rubber & Plastics News;12/15/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p13
The article presents obituaries for several people including J. Reid Shelton, teacher at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, Bill Coffey, founder of Latex International LLC, and Douglas H. Eisenlohr, vice president of sales at Lion Copolymer LLC.
- Lion aims to leverage EPDM technology. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;May/Jun2010, Vol. 192 Issue 3, p27
The article reports on the company Lion Copolymer LLC which is one of the main suppliers of pure Ziegler-Natta types of ethylene proplene diene monomer (EPDM).
- Lion copolymer launches NSBR material. // European Rubber Journal;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 192 Issue 6, p12
The article evaluates the Sabor acrylonitrile-styrene-butadiene terpolymer (NSBR) from Lion Copolymer LLC.
- Lion Copolymer cited by OSHA. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;5/2/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p0005
The article reports that representative of Lion Copolymer LLC and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently met to discuss about citations of OSHA against Lion Copolymer.
- SBR roars ahead on Lion. Dulle, Tracy; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/16/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 15, p12
This article reports on the upward pressure on prices of styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) caused by production problems at the SBR plant of Lion Copolymer in Baton Rouge, Florida. According to Lion Copolymer chief executive officer (CEO) Paul Saunders the problems were caused by the fouling of its...
- Have gun, will teach. Noga, Edward // Rubber & Plastics News;10/19/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p23
The article presents information on P. Dodd May, former executive vice president at Lion Copolymer Inc., who is now teaching defensive pistol handling courses in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is presently serving as a consultant to the company. May says his interest in firearms began as a boy of...
- DEADLINE NEWS. // Rubber & Plastics News;9/8/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the rubber and plastic industry. Hurricane Gustav caused some damage to Lion Copolymer LLC's SBR plant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana but communications and limited shipments resumed soon after the storm. Veyance Technologies Inc. is acquiring a Brazilian...
- Copolymer SBR factory receives new lease on life. // Rubber & Plastics News;3/10/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p8
The article discusses how the Lion Copolymer LLC averted closing of its Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR) plant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It is noted that Greg Nelson, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Lion Copolymer, signed a deal with his former employer East West Copolymer & Rubber LLC to make...
- SBR plant to re-open. Noga, Edward // Rubber & Plastics News;3/10/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p1
The article informs that emulsion SBR plant in Baton Rouge which was closed in December 2013 by Lion Copolymer LLC has been restarted as East West Copolymer & Rubber LLC. It is noted that Greg Nelson, former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Lion Copolymer, along with seven other former managers...