- DEATHS. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/1/2008, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p115
The article presents obituaries for several notable people including surgeon Victoria Paul, psychiatrist Gloucester Moses, and orthopedic surgeon Robert Noel.
- Everything I Know about medical management I learned from my kids. Marco, Alan P. // Medical Economics;12/18/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 24, p61
Focuses on the author's experiences as a medical manager. Skills needed for successful medical management and parenting; Sharing of information; Setting limits; Feedback needed by doctors.
- Hospital employment levels up despite decline in numbers ... // Public Health Reports;May/Jun91, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p348
Reports the increase in hospital employment levels despite decline in the number of community hospitals in the United States between 1981-1988. The increase rates in each year of the period; Direction of the changes in the employment level for the nursing profession; Ratio of the part-time to...
- More states give hospital privileges to psychologists. // Psychotherapy Letter;Sep94, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the move of the states of Iowa and Hawaii to enact laws in 1993 authorizing psychologists to practice in hospitals, benefits of medical staff membership.
- Physicians. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;6/20/93, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the physician staffing aspect of the health care industry. Acceptance of nominations for the Country Doctor of the Year Award; Survey of young physicians being deluged with job offers.
- Hospitals lose on physician practices. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;1/5/96, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p10
States that hospitals that acquired physician practices have not gained the positive results that they were hoping for. Findings of survey by Healthcare Financial Management and Physician Services of America, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Re-forming the traditional organization medical staff. Thompson, Richard E. // Physician Executive;Apr1995, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p7
Discusses changes in the traditional organization of the medical staff. Effect the reduction of health care costs on health care service delivery; Purposes and functions of the traditional organized medical staff; Preservation of physicians' autonomy while retaining their commitment to serving...
- The unchanging face of health care. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;12/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p30
Offers a look at minorities who have executive jobs in the hospital industry. Statistical information on hospital workers in the United States; Details on minority medical students; Background information on Keith Brady, a black healthcare executive.
- Wrong number. Harris, Stanley E. // Medical Economics;12/09/96, Vol. 73 Issue 23, p127
Presents a telephone conversation between a hospital's medical staff and a staff from a retirement home.