Why We'll Remember Robbins
- A Warrior Speaks. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p48
Focuses on the speech delivered by Cox Communications Inc. chief executive Jim Robbins at the New York Cable Club luncheon on the competitive trends facing cable television providers in the United States. Reasons for the loss of subscribers experienced by many cable providers.
- INNER & OUTER WORLDS. Robbins, Jim // Spirituality & Health;Sep/Oct2012, p25
The article presents a quote about trees from Jim Robbins, author of the book "The Man Who Planted Trees."
- Cable Pioneer Robbins Dies. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/15/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 41, p27
An obituary is presented for Jim Robbins, former Chief Executive Officer of cable television company Cox Communications.
- Taking care of business. C.M. // Entrepreneur;Jan1998, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the success of Jim Robbins, the founder of Business Cluster Development in Menlo Park, California, in creating a number of business incubators for California's emerging technology companies. Comments from Robbins; How Robbins creates the incubators; Offering of incubator scholarships...
- Among the ancients. Robbins, Jim // Audubon;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p34
Discusses the author's trip to the see canyons in Southern Utah. Description of canyons and vegetation; Significance of canyons; Findings of archaeologists.
- Op of Year Robbins: No Regrets on AT&T. // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p6
Focuses on views of Jim Robbins, the chief executive officer of Cox Communications Inc., regarding the inability of the company to strike a deal to acquire the company AT&T Broadband, which is merging with Comcast Corp. Concern about the influence of the post-merger AT&T Comcast Corp. on cable...
- More Than a Feeling. Fenn, Donna // Inc.;Jun2002, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p56
Profiles Jim Robbins, owner of Business Cluster Development, a company that builds incubators. Career background of Robbins; Challenge faced by Robbins in starting a business; Factors attributed to his success.
- Robbins: New Data Backs Bundle. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the loyalty of consumers who purchase bundled telecommunication services in the United States according to Cox Communications Inc. chief Jim Robbins.
- CAB: The sky is no limit. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/1/96, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p49
Reports on the Cable Advertising Bureau's 1996 conference held in New York City. Statistics on advertising sales for 1995; Projection for sales in 1996; What will aid cable in finding additional revenue; What keynote speaker Jim Robbins said on advertising; Details on what was said by other...