- Mirehouse, Orville Jonathan. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/6/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 10, p1319
The article presents an obituary for Orville Jonathan Mirehouse , plastic surgeon from University of Western Ontario in Ontario.
- Lynn, Ralph Beverley. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/6/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 10, p1319
The article presents an obituary for Ralph Beverly Lynn, former president of the Ontario Thoracic Society, the Canadian Thoracic Society and the Kingston Academy of Medicine in Canada.
- Author’s reply on “Decorative sentinel lymph node – a new entity?” by Vandeweyer and Van De Casseye. Vandeweyer, E. // European Journal of Plastic Surgery;Dec2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p358
The author expresses gratitude to Professor Cochran's pertinent comments during the review process of the paper "Decorative sentinel lymph nodeâ€”a new entity?" and his discussion about the final version of the manuscript. The author agrees with the remarks about the need of close...
- Invited commentary on “Decorative sentinel lymph node — a new entity?” by Vandeweyer and Van De Casseye. Cochran, Alistair J. // European Journal of Plastic Surgery;Dec2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p357
The author comments on the paper "Decorative sentinel lymph nodeâ€”a new entity?," by Vandeweyer and Van De Casseye. He suggests that the intriguing clinical dilemma presented by Vandeweyer and his colleague can be readily resolved by careful pathologic evaluation of the tissues. He also...
- Team approach concept in management of oro-facial clefts: a survey of Nigerian practitioners. Akinmoladun, Victor I.; Obimakinde, Obitade S. // Head & Face Medicine;2009, Vol. 5, p1
Background: Cleft palate craniofacial teams have evolved across the globe in the last 20 years in compliance with the interdisciplinary concept of management of oro-facial clefts. An interdisciplinary care allows a coordinated treatment protocol for the patient. The objective of this study was...
- OBITUARY. // British Medical Journal;9/17/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6089, p776
Presents obituaries of surgeons, pathologists, microbiologists and general practitioners in Europe.
- Luk, Peter. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/6/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 10, p1319
The article presents an obituary for Peter Luk.
- Buerger, Leo. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p325
An encyclopedia entry for Austrian-born U.S. surgeon, pathologist and urologist Leo Buerger is presented.
- Critical assessment of the clinical TNM system in breast cancer. Smiddy, F.G.; Benson, E.A.; Brennan, T.G.; Cartwright, R.; Clayden, D.; Cartwright, S.C.; Dossett, J.A.; Edwards, M.; Frank, H.G.; Gowland, G.; Hall, R.; Hamilton, J.M.; Harris, W.G.; Hopton, D.S.; Joslin, C.A.; Logan, V.S.D.; MacKinnon, D.; McAdam, W.A.F. // British Medical Journal;7/12/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6233, p134
Examines the effectiveness of 1974 version of clinical TNM system for treatment of patients with breast cancer. Features of the TNM system; Inaccuracy of the method in classifying breast cancer; Comparison of surgeons and pathologists assessments of tumor size; Purpose of TNM classification.