- Weir, Ormond Allison. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/23/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p1147
The article presents an obituary for Ormond Allison Weir, general surgeon, who died on July 22, 2007 at the age of 87.
- Lehmann, Peter Oswald. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/23/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p1147
The article presents an obituary for Peter Oswald Lehmann, neurosurgeon, who died on July 19, 2007 at the age of 95.
- Lane, Oliver Guy. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/23/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p1147
The article presents an obituary for Oliver Guy Lane, general pathologist, who died on August 19, 2007 at the age of 92.
- OBITUARY. // British Medical Journal;9/17/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6089, p776
Presents obituaries of surgeons, pathologists, microbiologists and general practitioners in Europe.
- Buerger, Leo. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p325
An encyclopedia entry for Austrian-born U.S. surgeon, pathologist and urologist Leo Buerger is presented.
- SNS. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2149
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym "SNS," which refers to the Society of Neurological Surgeons, is presented.
- Critical assessment of the clinical TNM system in breast cancer. Smiddy, F.G.; Benson, E.A.; Brennan, T.G.; Cartwright, R.; Clayden, D.; Cartwright, S.C.; Dossett, J.A.; Edwards, M.; Frank, H.G.; Gowland, G.; Hall, R.; Hamilton, J.M.; Harris, W.G.; Hopton, D.S.; Joslin, C.A.; Logan, V.S.D.; MacKinnon, D.; McAdam, W.A.F. // British Medical Journal;7/12/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6233, p134
Examines the effectiveness of 1974 version of clinical TNM system for treatment of patients with breast cancer. Features of the TNM system; Inaccuracy of the method in classifying breast cancer; Comparison of surgeons and pathologists assessments of tumor size; Purpose of TNM classification.
- NEUROSURGEON HAS AN EYE BEYOND THE OPERATING ROOM. Salley, Hope // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/21/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p39
Profiles neurosurgeon Michael Opalak. Likes and interests in photography; Collections and habits; Factors that influenced him in his career as a surgeon.
- New neurosurgeons left jobless: Where's the plan? Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/27/2004, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p1377
The article discusses the discrepancy between the number of medical specialists being trained in Canada and available jobs for those graduates as implicated in the case of a trio of new neurosurgeons, Richard Perrin, Ashok Modha and John Sinclair, who had no choice but to consider offers from...