- Davies, Dewi Robert. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/11/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p687
The article presents an obituary for physician Dewi Robert Davies.
- Bugis, Joseph. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/11/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p687
The article presents an obituary for Joseph Bugis, physician in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Goldstein, Philip, Winnipeg. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/11/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p687
The article presents an obituary for Philip Goldstein, a general surgeon at Queen's University.
- ECAR Publishes Study on IT Collaboration in Higher Education. // Edutech Report;Sep2007, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the 2007 EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research (ECAR) research study, "IT Collaboraton: Multi-Institutional Partnerships to Develop, Manage, and Operate IT Resources, by Philip J. Goldstein. The study focuses on multi-institutional collaboration such as information...
- SEC to Rethink Hedge Fund Regs Following Court Ruling. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32410, p36
The article reports on the plans of the Securities and Exchange Commission to re-evaluate its approach to hedge funds in the wake of a three-judge federal appeals court panel ruling that threw out the agency's rule requiring hedge fund advisers in the U.S. The ruling is a blow to the SEC and a...
- Passing the Regulatory Buck. Curtis, Carol E. // Securities Industry News;1/8/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p4
The article reflects on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's attempt to regulate hedge funds, which was accepted by the securities industry as regulation lite. The rule is requiring hedge fund advisers to provide certain basic information and submit to inspection, which is challenged by...
- Moving On. Strathausen, Carsten // Minnesota Review (Minnesota Review);Fall/Spring2006, Issue 65/66, p177
Reviews the book "Post-Marxist Theory: An Introduction," by Philip Goldstein.
- SLAYING THE SEC. Barber, Andrew // Trader Monthly;Oct/Nov2006, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p62
The article presents an interview with Philip Goldstein, a trader who owns his own fund called Opportunity Partners, regarding his decision to combat the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on behalf of hedge funds. His outlook on scoring a victory against SEC in line with the ruling...
- PROFILES, EXECUTIVE MOVES. Rodrigues, João H. // Crain's New York Business;5/5/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p14
Presents information on New York City-based executives as of May 5, 2003. Appointment ofPhilip Goldstein as vice president and national practice leader for higher education; Promotion of Janique Helson to the director of account management in Wolf Group New York; Selection of Richard Saltzman as...