- Douglas-Tyson rematch faces hard negotiations. // Jet;3/5/90, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p49
Discusses negotiations now going on to schedule a rematch between former heavyweight boxing champ Mike Tyson and newly-crowned successor, James `Buster' Douglas, after Tyson acknowledged Douglas as the champion following their recent fight.
- Buster busts wrestlers as knockout bout referee. // Jet;3/19/90, Vol. 77 Issue 23, p48
Reports on a professional wrestling bout refereed by heavyweight boxing champion James `Buster' Douglas, between Hulk Hogan and Randy `Macho Man' Savage.
- James `Buster' Douglas talks about his future in and out of ring as new heavyweight champ. Ransom, L. // Jet;4/30/90, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p46
Interviews new heavyweight boxing champion James `Buster' Douglas, who discusses his feelings about his win over former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, the change in his privacy, an upcoming vacation, and the guiding spirit of his mother, who died a few days before his fight.
- New champ samples the sweet life. Lyons, D.C. // Ebony;Jun1990, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p92
Profiles boxer James `Buster' Douglas, the new heavyweight champion, who discusses his life since his upset victory over former champion Mike Tyson. Troubled marriage and mother's death; Christian beliefs; Youth in Columbus, Ohio; New celebrity status.
- $25 million purse awaits Douglas in bout with Holyfield. // Jet;10/22/90, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p46
Discusses the $25 million purse heavyweight boxing champion Buster Douglas is expected to earn in his Oct. 25 bout with contender Evander Holyfield. Mike Tyson's earnings; Sugar Ray Leonard's purses; Multi-million dollar bouts of Joe Frazier and Muhammed Ali; Douglas' comments on bout.
- After a rocky climb, gentle Buster Douglas brings Iron Mike's reign to a brutal end. Friedman, J.; Myers, K. // People;2/26/90, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p36
Profiles James `Buster' Douglas, 29, who knocked out Mike Tyson to become the new heavyweight boxing champion. Fighting career; Background; Recent personal troubles.
- When Buster beat up Godzilla. Callahan, T. // Newsweek;2/26/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 9, p58
Profiles James (Buster) Douglas, the new champion of the boxing world. Buster's bout with former champion Mike Tyson; Buster's personality and lifestyle; Possible rematch between the two; Relationship with Don King; Buster's career.
- The battle of the bulge. Crothers, Tim // Sports Illustrated;7/01/96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p56
Profiles boxer James (Buster) Douglas. The February 1990 knock out of Mike Tyson; His five years away from the ring; Reasons why he balloned to 400 lbs.; Hospitalization of Douglas; Fight with Tony La Rosa at the Taj Mahal.
- Douglas, Holyfield are ready to contest title. // Jet;8/27/90, Vol. 78 Issue 20, p47
Reports on comments made by boxing heavyweight champion James `Buster' Douglas on his plans to defend his title. He will fight top contender Evander Holyfield in October in Las Vegas.
- Punching iron. Boeth, J. // Newsweek;11/5/1990, Vol. 116 Issue 19, p85
Comments on how Buster Douglas had to give up the heavyweight-championship belt.