Waugh, Edward Harrison (Harry)
- The end of the universe as we know it? Croswell, Ken // New Scientist;1/16/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1856, p14
Focuses on a radical new model for the universe proposed by American cosmologist Edward Harrison who believes the universe is destined to collapse in 79 billion years. How Harrison's model differs from conventional ones; How the true expansion rate of the universe should be observed; Figures...
- A very different universe. // Sky & Telescope;Sep93, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the model of the inflationary universe devised by Edward Harrison of the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. Hubble parameter used; Age; Success in satisfying major observational tests.
- Expanding space gets something for nothing. Chown, Marcus // New Scientist;2/4/95, Vol. 145 Issue 1963, p15
Reports on the study conducted by physicist Edward Harrison of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst concerning the origin of the energy that drives the Universe's expansion. Thought experiment devised by Harrison; Theories on the conservation of energy; Energy as a conserved physical...
- All carrot, no stick. Horn, Jack C. // Psychology Today;Nov85, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p19
The article presents information on a study by psychologist Edward L. Harrison on disciplinary action against employees, which appeared in the recent issue of the periodical "Supervisory Management."
- The National Commission on Correctional Health Care. // Correctional Health Care Report;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p94
The article announces the retirement of Edward Harrison, president of the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC), a non-profit organization and also mentions the contributions made by Harrison for the organization.
- Masks of the Universe (Book). Paustian, P. Robert // Library Journal;9/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 14, p206
Reviews the book 'Masks of the Universe,' by Edward R. Harrison.
- Masks of the Universe (Book). Cassidy, Harold G. // American Scientist;Mar/Apr87, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p216
Reviews the book 'Mask of the Universe,' by Edward Harrison.
- Cosmology (Book). Press, William H. // American Scientist;Nov/Dec81, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p667
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Cosmology: The Science of the Universe,' by Edward R. Harrison.
- World-class promotion. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 29, pS7
Features Harisson Edwards Public Relations & Marketing, a public relations agency in Bedford Hills, New York. Strategic planning; Contact information; List of the company's clients.