- The wit and wisdom of Ted Turner. // Across the Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p13
Presents several comments on Ted Turner, vice chairman of Time Warner Incorporated made before a meeting of the American Society of Magazine Editors. How will Turner deal cost-cutting and stock at Time Warner; How Turner views sex and money and on the future of humanity.
- Closed circuit: Washington. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 27, p49
Comments on Ted Turner's request to FCC Commissioner Susan Ness to turn on the television during a meeting in her office, to watch the baseball match between Atlanta Braves and Montreal Expos.
- Life with TNT. Jameson, R.T. // Film Comment;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p30
Describes Ted Turner's new 24-hour station, TNT, which will present classic MGM films. Credit sequences and title cards; Programming; Film discoveries; Classic actors James Cagney and Edward G. Robinson. INSET: Memo to Turner.;TNT's early talkies..
- Turner bid for bison draws protest. Brown, Matthew // Native American Times;1/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
The article focuses on media mogul Ted Turner's proposal to take care of wild bison from the Yellowstone National Park amidst the criticism by native Americans.
- Signaling their impending marital vows, Jane Fonda and Ted Turner pick something up at Tiffany's... // People;11/26/90, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p131
Reports that Jane Fonda and Ted Turner, both 52, plan to marry and have picked out an engagement ring at Tiffany's in Beverly Hills.
- Ted Turner's next act? // U.S. News & World Report;4/19/93, Vol. 114 Issue 15, p12
Discusses Ted Turner, the media magnate who appears ready to yield some control over the Turner Broadcasting System Inc. which includes Cable News Network, TBS SuperStation and Turner Network Television. Dividing up the assets of the $6 billion conglomerate with TBS partners Tele-Communications...
- Ted's excellent speaking engagement. Kim, Albert // Entertainment Weekly;4/21/95, Issue 271, p15
Provides a sampling of the rambling, half-hour speech given by media mogul Ted Turner at the `Variety'/Wertheim Schroder Big Picture Media Conference in New York City. Turner's recent attempts to buy CBS; His personal business philosophy; Comments on his competition, his future, global...
- Prince of the global village. // Time;1/6/1992, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p20
Announces that `Time' has chosen Robert Edward Turner III as Man of the Year for 1991 for his vision in creating Cable News Network (CNN) bringing the world together using telecommunications. In 1991, one of the most eventful years of this century, the world witnessed the dramatic and...
- The taming of Ted Turner. Painton, Priscilla // Time;1/6/1992, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p34
Profiles Ted Turner, `Time's' Man of the Year, 1991, whose recent personal transformation came as the result of his professional environment, owner of Cable News Network, MGM/UA and the Atlanta Braves. Turner recognized his roller-coaster emotional life was not useful for running an...