- Right question, wrong extrapolation: A response to Duffy's `Supervising for results'. Glickman, Carl D. // Journal of Curriculum & Supervision;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p39
Criticizes Francis Duffy's suggestions that education managers should adopt supervision behaviors used in the field of business. Viewed aim of educators; Dependency relationship of teachers with their leaders; Elements which should be cultivation through education.
- Do we need `comparative' supervision? A response to Duffy's `Supervising for results'? Pajak, Edward F. // Journal of Curriculum & Supervision;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p41
Comments of Francis Duffy's case study of a district manager in the insurance business as a model for educational supervision. Parallels between a successful insurance manager and school supervisors; Difference in the work situations of supervisors in education; Suggested method of viewing...
- The lure of the business world: A response to Duffy's `Supervising for results'. Hazi, Helen M. // Journal of Curriculum & Supervision;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p45
Comments on the article by Francis Duffy entitled `Supervising for Results: A Case Study from the Business World.' Views on similarities in the worlds of business and education; Greenfield's notion of language as power; Behaviors of a successful business manager.
- The Pilot House. Voyage!, Bon; Shaum, Jack // PowerShips;Fall2010, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on change in the appearance of a revolutionary passenger vessel, story on an admired East Coast steamboat, and an article thanking the journal's New York area columnist, Francis J. Duffy.
- The New Office (Book). // Management Today;Jun2003, p40
The article focuses on the book 'The New Office,' by Francis Duffy. The book is probably the most accessible and richly illustrated of his many works. It divides different workplaces into hives, dens, clubs and cells, depending on the levels of autonomy and personal interaction.
- Father Daffy's Story. W. D. // America;1/24/1920, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p307
The article reviews the book "Father Daffy's Story," by Francis P. Duffy.
- COMMENT. // America;5/15/1937, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p122
The article presents several comments related to the society, politics and religion. These include the statue of Father Francis P. Duffy placed in the triangle of X in New York City in honor of him. Another is Chancellor Adolf Hitler as a politician and his attitude towards the Church. The last...
- Creating Successful School Systems (Book). Krill, Cecelia W. // School Administrator;May2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p49
Reviews the book 'Creating Successful School Systems: Voices From the University, the Field and the Community,' edited by Francis M. Duffy and Jack D. Dale.
- Untitled. // America;8/10/1912, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p427
The article focuses on the article "What Do the Methodists Intend to Do," by Reverend Francis P. Duffy, published in the August 1912 issue of "Catholic World." Duffy explained the role played by the Catholic Church and its influence in the U.S. He said that the church provides foreigners with...