- As Omaha's tough-talking housing boss, Robert Armstrong helps tenants grab for their bootstraps. Brower, M.; Pick, G. // People;5/15/89, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p93
Profiles Robert Armstrong, 54, the Omaha Housing Authority's executive director for the last three years. Armstrong's goal is to get the 15,000 OHA tenants out on their own. He's initiated programs to combat crime, push education and cleanliness, and get out the vote, turning the OHA into one...
- Padre Bill. Houston, William J. // Officer Review Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p31
A letter is presented from MOWW Chaplain General William J. Houston, encouraging soldiers to continue honoring God as they worked in military services.
- Questions about a China lobbyist. Ostroff, Jim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/28/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 78, p21
Questions the participation of William Houston III at an American government briefing about textile industry negotiations with China. Reputation of Houston as a Chinese intermediary; Possibility of a compromise on competitive matters.
- Model Spud. Rodewald, James // Gourmet;Sep2003, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p56
Reveals the story behind the 'couch potato'-inspired dolls by artist Robert Armstrong. Origin of the idea behind the doll; Licensing of the doll.
- Armstrong is president of Rheology Society. // Physics Today;Feb94, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p96
Reports on the appointments of Robert C. Armstrong of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) as president and Kurt F. Wissburn as vice president of the Society of Rheology. Previous holders of the positions; Educational and career backgrounds; Armstrong's research interests; Other...
- ROBERT GELSTON ARMSTRONG, 1917-87. // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1989, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p518
Pays tribute to anthropology professor Robert Gelston Armstrong who died in May 1987. Educational and career background; Information on the works he published; Contributions to anthropology and linguistics.
- William Huston. // Waste News;10/12/98, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p27
Announces the death of William Huston, former supervisor for the California Integrated Waste Management Board, who died on September 26, 1998, at the age of 50. Background information on his life achievements; Information on his career; Who he leaves to mourn.
- Busy with the Bees. // Time;3/15/1968, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p106
The article reports on the business of William F. Houston in Corona, California. It notes that the business of Houston involves bee colonies in which they will provide necessary cross pollination to vegetable and fruit crops in the state. It notes that the rent for his colony of bees to...
- Memories of "Bob" Aarmstrong. Ellwood, L. W. // Appraisal Journal;Spring2007, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p163
The article presents a reprint of the article "Memories of "Bob" Armstrong," by L. W. Ellwood, which appeared in the October 1972 issue of "The Appraisal Journal." It talks about the life and works of Robert Helms Armstrong. He was described as a prolific worker, prolific speaker, prolific...