- Postmaster general. // New York;9/1/86, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p36
Last week he became postmaster general, and for the first time in 40 years, he and his brother Laurence, went their separate ways. At Loews, Bob Tisch was Mr. Outside, the gregarious public presence of the company, while Larry was the low-profile business strategist. But CBS--of which the...
- GQ regrets. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov92, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p76
Takes a look at one of `GQ' magazine's occasional lapses in judgement. Loews Corporation President Bob Tisch; `GQ' November '76 issue.
- In Memoriam. // Travel Agent;11/21/2005, Vol. 323 Issue 6, p10
The article presents an obituary for billionaire philanthropist Preston Robert Tisch.
- Bob Tisch: a quintessential New Yorker's big life, legacy. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;11/21/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p11
This article discusses the work and achievement of Bob Tisch, a successful businessman from New York. His business career is the stuff of the American mythology. He and his late brother, built an empire from scratch starting with a rundown resort in New Jersey. Their holdings increased over the...
- Tisch receives namesake award. Selwitz, Robert // Hotel & Motel Management;11/6/96, Vol. 211 Issue 19, p19
Cites Preston Robert Tisch as the initial winner of the Preston Robert Tisch Award for Distinguished Industry Leadership presented by New York University's Center for Hospitality, Tourism and Travel Administration. Scholarship funds raised for the awards dinner; Tisch as co-chairman, co-chief...
- Corporate giant delivers for city. Kramer, Louise // Crain's New York Business;04/09/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p30
Profiles Loews Corp. Co-Chairman and New York Giants Chairman Preston Robert Tisch, one of the winners of Crain's All-Stars for 2001. Career highlights; Attachment to the hotel business; Community involvement; Role in the foundation of nonprofit Take the Field.
- The breakfast club. Litman, Larry // Travel Agent;3/28/94, Vol. 270 Issue 8, p10
Features Preston Robert Tisch, president and chief executive officer of Loews Corp., and the anniversary celebration of the power breakfast at the Regency Hotel in New York City. Establishment of power breakfast; Inductees to the `Power Breakfast Founders Circle'; Unveiling of breakfast menu at...
- New postmaster. New postal service? // ABA Banking Journal;Apr87, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p20
Presents an interview with U.S. Postal Service postmaster general Preston Robert Tisch in the U.S. Impact of postal services and products on banking industry; Schedule for the price increase of postal service; Details of the ZIP+4 program; Stand of the postal service on bar-code technology. ...
- Loews sellers. // Crain's New York Business;12/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 51, p26
Focuses on the plans of brothers Preston Robert Tisch and Lawrence Tisch, to sell 1 million shares in Loews Corporation. Information on the sales.