James Newman, Gladys Knight's Son And Manager, Dies In Las Vegas At 36
- Former child stars who retain stardom. McCalope, M. // Jet;4/15/91, Vol. 79 Issue 26, p56
Profiles several child stars that became stars as adults as well. Included are singer Gladys Knight, singer-actress-dancer Leslie Uggams and singers Michael and Janet Jackson.
- Gladys Knight tells why she hired her son and daughter to manage her show business career. Johnson, R.E. // Jet;8/5/91, Vol. 80 Issue 16, p58
Presents an interview of Grammy-Award-winning singer Gladys Knight. She discusses the reasons her son, Jimmy Newman, and daughter Kenya Love manage her career. Strong belief in family structure; Son's management styles; Daughter's role in companies; Informational meetings; Children's comments.
- Gladys Knight says she will wed Les Brown, a motivational speaker. // Jet;4/19/93, Vol. 83 Issue 25, p56
Announces the engagement of soul singer Gladys Knight to popular motivational speaker Les Brown. Wedding planned for Thanksgiving Day, 1993; First appearance as a couple; How the couple met; Her comments on the upcoming wedding; How their relationship developed; Brown's comments on their...
- Gladys Knight Celebrates 50 years Of Music With Family And Friends. // Jet;11/08/99, Vol. 96 Issue 23, p58
Highlights the celebration of Gladys Knight of 50 years in the music industry.
- Universal Gladys. // Billboard;4/29/95, Vol. 107 Issue 17, p11
Presents a photograph of singer Gladys Knight with MCA executives at her concert at the Universal Amphitheatre in Los Angeles, California.
- MoTown stars to headline MCN Festival Ocmulgee to Okmulgee bike ride finishes. Fife, Gary // Native American Times;6/8/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p8
The article discusses the 38th annual Muscogee (Creek) Nation (MCN) Festival to be held in Okmulgee, Okalahoma in June 2012, which will feature MoTown stars Gladys Knight and The Temptations, along with the Ocmulgee to Okmulgee bicycle ride.
- Gladys Knight Teams with International Jewelers. // Washington Informer;7/1/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p27
The article offers information related to singer Gladys Knight.
- Gladys Knight says music industry ignores veteran singer. // Jet;
Reports on soul singer Gladys Knight's comments that the music industry, including many radio stations, ignores her and other veteran recording stars.
- Pain and glory. Dougherty, Steve; Brailsford, Karen // People;12/08/97, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p97
Profiles singer Gladys Knight and her life. Early days in the music industry; Addiction to gambling; Marriages and children; The writing of her autobiography; Childhood; Formation of Gladys Knight and the Pips at the age of eight; Awards the group has and will receive; Relationship she has with...