David Risling, Jr. (1921-2005)
- A Giant for Two Millenia. Forbes, Jack D. // News from Native California;Summer2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p13
Profiles David Risling Jr., a member of the Hoopa Indian tribe. Description of Risling; Accomplishments; Contributions to society.
- 'It's An Honor.' Risling, Barbara E. // News from Native California;Summer2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
Features David Risling Jr., a member of the Hoopa Indian tribe. Family background; Characterization of Risling; Description made by his relatives.
- 'Father of Indian Education' Dies. Miller, M. H. // Community College Week;4/11/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p12
Presents an obituary for David Risling, a champion of Indian rights and education.
- Dear Readers. Gipp, Gerald E // Tribal College Journal;Summer2005, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p3
Presents an obituary for David Risling, one of the founders of D-Q University, the only tribal college in California.
- REAL INDIANS: PORTRAITS OF CONTEMPORARY NATIVE AMERICANS AND AMERICA'S TRIBAL COLLEGES. Risling, David; Shortbull, Vanessa // Tribal College Journal;Summer2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p26
This article presents profiles of two American Indians David Risling and Vanessa Shortbull, excerpted from the book 'Real Indians: Portraits of Contemporary Native Americans and America's Tribal Colleges,' published by the American Indian College Fund with assistance from the W.K. Kellogg...
- Editor's Notes. // Humboldt Historian;Jan/Feb1982, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p2
The article presents thoughts from the editor of the journal concerning a number of topics on the subject of the history of Humboldt County, California, and the Humboldt County Historical Society as of February 1982. He discusses the death of Native American David Risling, Sr., the length of the...
- EDUCATION. // American Indian Report;Apr2005, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p3
Presents updates on educational issues, activities and events of American Indians as of April 2005. Participation of a number of students across the U.S. in a guided tour of the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American India via a Ball State University Electronic Field Trip; Contributions...