- Yoder suspended. // Christian Century;8/12/92, Vol. 109 Issue 24, p737
Reports that a Mennonite Church commission has suspended the ministerial credentials of theologian and ethicist John Howard Yoder over allegations of sexual misconduct. The suspension came June 27 after an 11-month inquiry conducted by a regional Mennonite Church task force with which Yoder...
- Radical catholicity. Cartwright, Michael G. // Christian Century;01/21/98, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the John Howard Yoder's evangelical revisionism in his views on Christian ethics. Questions on the assumptions of mainstream Protestant ethics; Role the social embodiments of scripture play in the process of transmitting the Gospel to and for the nations of the Earth; Prerequisite to...
- Dogs in Court Ease 'Ruff' Experience for Kids. Higgins, Misty // State Journal (WV);1/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p21
The article reports that John Yoder, circuit court judge of the 23rd Judicial District in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, uses a three-year-old stray dog, Roxie, to comfort children while testifying in abuse and neglect cases.
- After Politics: John Howard Yoder, Body Politics, And the Witnessing Church. Weaver, Alain Epp // Review of Politics;Fall1999, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p637
This article analyzes John Howard Yoder's vision of the church as a polis which, through its embodiment of particular practices, serves as an analogical anticipation of God's Kingdom, and thereby offers an alternative to utilitarian and agonal understandings of politics. After describing Yoder's...
- Higher standards ... Allman, Steve // Christian Century;10/1/2014, Vol. 131 Issue 20, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Theology and Misconduct: The Case of John Howard Yoder" by David Cramer and colleagues in the August 20, 2014 issue.
- Sauder promotes 5. // Furniture/Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p12
Reports the promotion of several executives of Sauder Woodworking. Position of John Yoder; Career background of Brent Gingerich; Role of David Yoder in the selection and implementation of enterprise-wide computer system.
- OF MANY THINGS. Christiansen, Drew // America;8/30/2010, Vol. 203 Issue 5, p2
The article presents the author's views regarding the search for the real identity and history of Jesus Christ. He states that his scholarship on studies concerned with the teachings of Christ empowers his faith and helps him in his preaching work. He adds that what is important regarding the...
- The understandings of Christendom in John Howard Yoder and Oliver O'Donovan. Mawson, Mike // Stimulus: The New Zealand Journal of Christian Thought & Practic;Aug2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p15
The article presents the author's discussion on the similarities of the understanding of theologian and biblical scholar John Howard Yoder and priest in the Chruch of England Oliver O'Donovan about Christendom. According to the author, O'Donovan and Yoder have some common understanding of the...
- Nonviolence: A Brief History The Warsaw Lectures. Cunningham, Lawrence S. // Commonweal;1/14/2011, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p29
The article reviews the book "Nonviolence: A Brief History," by John Howard Yoder.