- Society for enhanced patient safety formed. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p98
The article reports on incorporation of British Columbia's 26 regulated health professions, governed by 22 colleges under Bristish Columbia's Health Professions Act and one under the Social Workers Act, under the Society Act to become the Health Profession Regulators of British Columbia Society.
- ASSOCIATION: DIRECTORY. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Dec2007, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p1530
A directory for dental associations in the United States is presented.
- End-of-life care. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;03/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p24
Presents information on the Medical Society of New Jersey, which has developed guidelines for an out-of-hospital Do Not Resuscitate orders. Why the guidelines were developed; Reference to the distribution of forms and bracelets in hospitals and long care facilities.
- Providing Solutions for Your Practice. // South Dakota Medicine;May2014, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p211
The article informs that South Dakota State Medical Association (SDSMA) provides practice management consulting and array of services to its members at below-market prices and help them to manage of the business side of their practice.
- Group takes a new name. L.B. // AHA News;3/4/96, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the renaming of United States largest trade association of managed health care plans as the American Association of Health Plans.
- Policy on treatment of pain at the end of life. // American Family Physician;6/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p2867
Presents the position statement of the American Pain Society (APS) regarding pain treatment at the end of a patient's life. Suggestions of APS on the issue.
- Number of minority applicants to osteopathic medical.. // American Family Physician;6/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p2572
Reports the increasing number of underrepresented minorities applying in osteopathic medical schools from the data released by the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM). Findings from the data released; Comments of Frederick J. Humphrey on the issue.
- Drugs. // Youth Studies Australia;Winter1993, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the Australian Drug Foundation's distribution of a booklet to all secondary schools in Victoria to assist teachers in responding constructively to drug problems.
- ASD appoints its officers for the year. // Dermatology Times;Feb95, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p61
Reports on the selection of the American Society of Dermatology's officers for 1994-95. Includes Chester Danehower as president; Raymond Cornelison as secretary/treasurer; Other officers; Directors.
- Golden past and a glittering future. Dixon, Bernard // New Scientist;7/1/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1984, p45
Opinion. Congratulates the Society for General Microbiology (SGM), which celebrates its 50th year of foundation, for its contribution toward the development and promotion of microbiology as a single, concrete discipline. Paradox attached to microbiology.