OBITUARY Walter Frank Harrison Kendall (22 December 1926-27 October 2003)
- O outro lado da IndependÃªncia: Quilombolas, negros e pardos em Pernambuco (Brazil), 1817--23. De Carvalho, Marcus J. M. // Luso-Brazilian Review;2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p1
This paper focuses on maroonage in the province of Pernambuco's plantation zone during Brazil's Independence era. The evidence indicates that the activities of maroons influenced the course of local politics. Masters frequently armed their slaves and involved them in local disputes for power....
- FRANZ ROSENTHAL. Gutas, Dimitri // Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society;Sep2005, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p441
Pays tribute to the late Franz Rosenthal, German historian.
- Obituaries. // History Today;May2005, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p11
Pays tribute to the late Richard Fletcher, a medieval historian.
- In Memory of Robert M. Levine (1941-2003): Mentor and Friend. Beattie, Peter M. // Luso-Brazilian Review;2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p1
Pays tribute to the late historian Robert M. Levine.
- Pierre Berton: A great Canadian. // Beaver;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p59
Pays tribute to the late Canadian historian Pierre Berton.
- Vernon Lidtke: A Tribute. Stark, Gary D.; Stokes, Lawrence D. // Central European History (Cambridge University Press / UK);2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p189
Pays tribute to the late German historian Vernon Lidtke.
- Gayle Thornbrough, 1914--1999. Ruegamer, Lana // Indiana Magazine of History;Mar2000, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p1
Pays tribute to the late historian Gayle Thornbrough.
- Walter Lippmann 1889-1974. // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb1975, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Pays tribute to the late American journalist Walter Lippmann.
- In Memory. // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Dec2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p1127
Pays tribute to the late economist Walter C. Neale.