- Lehman Acquires Private Equity Firm. Hahn, Avital // Investment Management Weekly;9/22/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the acquisition of The Crossroads Group, a private equity investment manager in Dallas, Texas, by Lehman Brothers. Expectations on Lehman's global private equity franchise; Details of the acquisition deal; Executives at the private funds investment group.
- ING Unit Hires Exec as Distribution Chief. // American Banker;9/21/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 182, p9
Reports on the hiring of James Kase by ING Investment Management Americas. Kase's background and experience with Merrill Lynch Investment Managers, Lehman Brothers Inc., Swiss Bank Corp., and Bankers Trust; Kase's duties at ING.
- Liking the Bond Market, Florida Keeps 'Pounding Them Out'. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p3
Focuses on the issue of bonds by the state of Florida's Division of Bond Finance in 2002. Amount of the bond issue; Bond issues by Florida in 2001; Name of the bond counsel for the issue.
- Florida Bond Agency Set to Issue $400 Million for Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p4
Reports the preparation of the Division of Bond Finance to sell public education capital outlay bonds on behalf of the Board of Education in Florida. Construction of schools across the state; Disclosure of the sale date; Maturity of the 2000 Series C bonds.
- Florida Gov. Bush keeps Watkins in post. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p2
Reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's reaffirmation of Ben Watkins as Florida's Director of the Division of Bond Finance. Other officials reappointed to their previous positions.
- Em chief denies it is the end for packagers. Powley, Tanya // Money Marketing;4/10/2008, p7
The article reports that Roger Morris, financial managing director, disregard the warning that the closure of two Great Britain Lehman Brothers Inc.'s subsidiaries, Southern Pacific Mortgages Ltd. (SPML) and Preferred Mortgages Ltd., indicate a final blow for the packaging market. He comments...
- FLORIDA: Watkins Cites Big Savings. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p31
The article focuses on the bond issuances and activities of Florida for 2006. The Florida Cabinet, which served as the governing board of the Division of Bond Finance, had authorized 166 debt issues worth about $24 billion. According to reports, the state has improved from second-highest of the...
- Web watch. Richtmyer, Richard; Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;07/01/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30426, p58
Spotlights the web sites of Florida's Division of Bond Finance and Wisconsin's Capital Finance Office. Florida officials' plan to make information about its bond programs easily available to the investor community; Wisconsin officials' recognition of the value of the Internet as a means of...
- BEN WATKINS. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/29/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p5A
The article offers information on the perspective of Ben Watkins, director of Florida Division of Bond Finance, on Build America Bonds in Florida. Previously, he was one of those who criticized BAB, believing that the taxable debt structure did not fit into the tax-exempt mold, but he later...