- Deaths. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/30/2003, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p736
Pays tribute to several medical personnel in Canada.
- Revisiting emergency preparedness/ Hospitals working to deal with bioterrorism. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the efforts of health care personnel in Fairfield County, Connecticut to prepare themselves in the event of a bioterrorism attack. Vaccinations against the smallpox virus; Coordination with government agencies and emergency personnel; Hazardous material handling training. INSET:...
- Making the transition to healthcare business advisor. Chambless, Vickers // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan95, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p100
Discusses the transition of healthcare financial managers to healthcare business advisors. Collaboration in network building; Risk articulation; Local taxing authorities.
- Keys to career success in managed care. Sandrick, Karen // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p46
Interviews several managed care professionals to obtain their views on how healthcare financial managers can prepare for a career in managed care organizations. Financial managers' willingness to assume responsibility; Knowledge on healthcare delivery; Experience with integrated delivery in the...
- A straight line through the loops. Souhrada, Laura // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct97, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p2
Reflects on the thinking style needed by central service professionals in the medical field in order to succeed in their career. Author as an example; Need for central service professionals to walk a tightrope between logical and creative thinking.
- Tales of success. Foubister, Vida // Materials Management in Health Care;Jun2003, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p33
Presents certified U.S. medical professionals' views on the importance of certification in their fields. Certified materials and resource professional; Certified sterile processing and distribution manager; Certified operating room nurse; Certification in infection control.
- Who's who in health care. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/13/95, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p19
Profiles medical care executives in Indianapolis, Indiana. Names of executives; Personal and career backgrounds; Companies/agencies represented.
- Linkage leaders. Tropp, Janis E.; Gershon, Howard J. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;3/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p96
Reports on the alliances among health care providers. Survey findings on linkages between behavioral health providers and clinicians; Future survival as dependent on provider's ability to contract with payers; Superior leadership, strong relationships between partners and bilateral commitment...
- Study: Impaired doctors ignored by colleagues. // Medical Economics;8/6/2010, Vol. 87 Issue 15, p15
The article reports on the inability of doctors to report incompetent medical professionals in the U.S.