Frank O'Bannon Dead at 73; Kernan Indiana's New Governor
- Politics 2003. Gizzi, John // Human Events;10/6/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 34, p14
Presents political issues in the U.S. Announcement by Republican House member Scott McInnis that he will not seek reelection; Details of the political career of state Senator John Bennett; Discussion on the influence of the death of Indiana Democratic Governor Frank O'Bannon on the political...
- Hoosiers lose a good neighbor. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p13A
Comments on the death of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon. Achievements and accomplishments during his tenure as former member of the state Senate, lieutenant governor and governor; Reputation for simplicity and integrity.
- Indiana Looks to Lieut. Governor as O'Bannon Hospitalized. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/9/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31715, p4
Reports that Indiana officials were reviewing the option to transfer power to Lieutenant Governor Joseph Kernan after Governor Frank O'Bannon underwent surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Provisions of the Indiana constitution under circumstances when the governor is unable to...
- Business of state. Ketzenberger, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p1A
Reports that Lieutenant Governor Joe Kernan will succeed Frank O'Bannon, who died of stroke on September 13, 2003, as governor of Indiana. Press conference called by Kernan; Plans for the state.
- From legacy to opportunity. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p12A
Focuses on the death of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon. Accomplishments of O'Bannon; Political experience and leadership qualities of O'Bannon's successor Joe Kernan.
- Gov. Kernan Seeks Kindergarten Options. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;1/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p22
This article informs that Indiana governor Joseph E. Kernan, in his first State of the State address emphasized the need for more early childhood education in the state. Kernan, a Democrat, was formerly the lieutenant governor. He was sworn in as governor after the death of governor Frank L....
- Undaunted. McDonald, Cara // Indianapolis Monthly;Mar2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p114
This article presents an interview with Indiana's former first lady Judy O'Bannon. Six months after her husbands death, she talks about her memories her marriage and finding a new place in the world. Her husband Frank O'Bannon sometimes talked about death. It has been six months since Frank...
- Gov. O'Bannon's death roils state government. Ketzenberger, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p10
Presents an obituary for Indianapolis governor Frank O'Bannon.
- Statement on the Death of Frank O'Bannon. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/22/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p1218
Presents a statement from U.S. President George W. Bush on September 13, 2003, about the death of public official Frank O'Bannon. Career background of O'Bannon.