Adm. Richard E. Bennis, Captain of the Port of NY During 9/11, Dies at 52
- Birmingham social worker report. // Personnel Today;10/13/2009, p3
The article reports that nine children have died at the Birmingham City Council in England due to its underperformance and lack of senior management.
- A murderous attitude. Wolpin, Bill // American City & County;Feb2008, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p6
The author comments on the incidents involving city councils in the U.S. He mentions a shooting incident during a city council meeting in Kirkwood, Missouri that resulted in the death of two policemen and three city officials, and the wounding of Mayor Mike Swoboda and a reporter. He criticizes...
- NEWS & BRIEFS: COUNCILMAN STEVENSON, DEAD: The Los Angeles Gay community Loses a Good Friend. // Advocate;3/26/75, Issue 160, p4
Reports on the death of Robert J. Stevenson, Los Angeles City Councilman representing the 13th district, on March 4, 1975, at Northridge Community Hospital, Los Angeles, California. Career profile of Stevenson; Contribution of Stevenson to the gay community.
- In London, Just Because You're Gone Doesn't Mean You're Forgotten. Goode, Stephen // Insight on the News;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on a letter sent by the Lambeth Council in London, England to cancer victim William Reynolds, who died in April 2000, to inform him about his tax benefits. Overview of the letter; Statement from Capital, the company that handles the tax benefits for Lambeth.
- District 4 City Councilmember Charles Lewis dies. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/30/2004, Issue 888, p16
Reports on the death of popular San Diego District 4 City Councilmember Charles Lewis, apparently of natural causes associated with internal bleeding, at Kaiser Permanent Hospital in Allied Gardens.
- People. // Public Finance;6/5/2009, p15
The article offers information on various notable people. Nick Yarker was appointed as deputy Cabinet member for finance and support services at Westminster City Council in London, England. Pete Beale is the new head of city finance at Birmingham City Council. Meanwhile, former chief executive...
- Care home fees row blamed for death. // Community Care;2/20/2003, Issue 1460, p13
Highlights the death of 88-year-old Violet Townsend after being transferred from the nursing home in Gloucester, England. Number of resident moved by Gloucester Charities Trust from its Magdalen House after the city council refused to pay extra fees; Budget increase planned by the council until...
- Girl died after failed supervision. // Community Care;2/7/2002, Issue 1408, p9
Reports on the criticism by local government ombudsman Patricia Thomas against the Manchester City Council over the death of a schoolgirl from a drug overdose. Content of the letter from West Lothian Council, the girl's former local authority; Response of the city council to the letter.
- Council fined over girl's death. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3
The article reports that Coventry City Council in England has pleaded guilty for breaches of the Health and Safety at Work Act in Great Britain. The council has admitted that it has failed in its health and safety duties after student Amy Robinson was killed when she was hit by a reversing...