Patriots, expatriates and scoundrels
- Wallis Wilde-Menozzi. Wilde-Menozzi, Wallis // Literary Review;Fall2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p157
Presents an article on expatriation in Italy. Observations on ex-patriot people living in Italy; Social aspects of Italians; Discussion regarding the culture in Italy.
- Research points to weaknesses in Expat policy. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce;Jan98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p9
Presents the key findings of the `1996-1997 International Assignee Research Project' undertaken by expats and conducted by Berlitz International Inc. and HFS Mobility Services. Includes most important services; Identification of career planning and spouse career issues and counseling as...
- Adapting to the land down under. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p24
Offers suggestions for American expats relocated to Australia. Includes expecting slow changes in the workplace; Treating Australians as partners; Learning how and why Australians trust and distrust individuals. INSET: Culture quiz..
- Editor's note. // Cobblestone;Dec94, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p2
Comments on how throughout history people have made the difficult decision to live outside their native countries. Immigration; Why thousands of people have come to the United States; Why some Americans left the US; Expatriates; Social reasons for emigration.
- Guidance on expatriation. // Practical Accountant;Apr97, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on a US tax rule that provides guidelines regarding certain federal tax consequences of losing United States citizenship.
- Getting ahead in Switzerland. Jones, Bodil // Management Review;Jun97, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p7
Predicts that there will be an increased pressure for higher mobility of expatriates and more flexible contracts at more competitive conditions in Switzerland. Trailing-spouse relocation program for expat's spouse.
- Myths of expatriate life. Fitzgerald-Turner, Barbara // HRMagazine;Jun97, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p65
Presents six common myths of expatriate life. Ways in which human resource (HR) professionals can strengthen expatriate programs and policies; How employers can reach `strategic partner status' in globalization.
- Expatriate benefits slimming as firms aim to trim costs. West, Diane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/02/96, Vol. 100 Issue 49, p44
Focuses on a survey by Foster Higgens consulting firm, which shows the effect of efforts to decrease costs of maintaining overseas executives, on special expatriate treatment. Information on medical coverage; Comments from Kenneth J. Schulteis, president of Cincinnati's Business Planning Systems...
- Abroad. Stevenson, Matthew // American Scholar;Winter95, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p41
Narrates an American's experience of living in Geneva, Switzerland. Speaking the French language; Concerns about his children; Pleasures of Switzerland.