Export processing zones and the developing world
- A Reference on the Experience of Industrial Upgrading of Processing Trade. CHI Xulei // International Business & Management;11/30/2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p155
Processing trade, a new form of trade, has been booming in South Korea, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, and other countries and regions, and has been taken after soon by other developing countries. South Korea's export-oriented processing trade and Taiwan's Export Processing Zone are typical forms of...
- FDI no economic panacea. Theunissen, Garth // Finweek;7/27/2006, p62
The article reports on the increased fixed direct investments (FDI) of least developed countries worldwide. According to the Least Developed Countries (LDC) Report 2006 from the United Nations (UN), direct investments has boosted to a record level of $10.6 billion by 2004. The 70% of all FDI...
- Foreign Direct Investments and Human Capital Accumulation. The Case of Romania. Mirela, Halmi // Ovidius University Annals, Series Economic Sciences;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p43
The paper explores the effects of foreign direct investments on the human capital accumulation in the case of the Romanian economy. Using data for 1995-2010, the study shows that it is strong relation between FDI flow and the share of the tertiary educated people in the population aged 20-24....
- Regional review: Vietnam. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p9
Reports that the export processing zone was cancelled in Haiphong by the government. Streamlining for state enterprises; Oil exploration uneconomical.
- Waiting to export. Weissman, Robert // Multinational Monitor;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 17 Issue 7/8, p12
Reports that African countries are embracing export processing zones (EPZ). Countries offering low taxes and lower taxes; Success of Asian tiger economies with EPZs; EPZ plan of Mauritius and Kenya; Criticisms against the manufacturing havens.
- Tanzania's Export Processing Zone Authority (EPZA) has issued certificates to six new investors. // African Business News;11/20/2013, p33
The article reports on the certificates issued by the Export Processing Zone Authority (EPZA) of Tanzania to six new investors.
- Tanzania's Export Processing Zone Authority (EPZA) has clocked US$ 700 million. // African Business News;11/27/2013, p49
The article reports that the Tanzanian Export Processing Zone Authority (EPZA) has quantified U.S. $700 million while the government expressed its commitment in assuring the continuation and amelioration of investment in the country.
- Bold EPZ move pays off. // African Business;Jul/Aug99, Issue 245, p31
Looks at the efforts of the Namibian government to attract foreign investors. Launching of the Export Processing Zone (EPZ) environment; Total number of enterprises granted with EPZ status as of April 1999; Incentives included in the EPZ program.
- Yangzhou harbor developmental strategy study based on scenario planning. WU Bao-an; FENG Jun-wen; MIAO Cheng-lin; WANG Hua-ting // China-USA Business Review;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p35
Based on the introduction of Scenario Planning Theory and the environmental analysis of the Yangzhou Harbor Logistics Park, the development strategy for the Park is discussed. Combining the advantages of the Yangzhou Harbor and Yangzhou Export Processing Zone, a new development pattern is...