The Darwin industry: A guide
- How the History Of Life Was Discovered. // Skeptic;2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p96.5
Part I. Focuses on the origin, facts, evidence and theory of evolution by scientist Charles Darwin; Profile on Darwin; Invitation for Darwin to join a crew of British government survey ship scheduled to map the coast of South America; Details of Darwin's preparations for the journey. INSETS:...
- Darwin's Species Category Realism. Stamos, David N. // History & Philosophy of the Life Sciences;1999, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p137
Analyzes the definition of species under the theory of evolution. Views of scientist Charles Darwin on the reality of species; Interpretation of strategy theory; Assumptions about temporary existence.
- JUNGLE FEVER. Watson, Lyall // Sciences;May/Jun89, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p43
Focuses on the origin of species. Contribution of scientist Charles Darwin to the evolution of life; Role of selection in creating every nuance of form and function; Effort of scientist Alfred Russel Wallace to contribute in the studies of biology.
- "Ask Darwin": An Interactive Exhibit. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
The article focuses on the interactive exhibit organized by Duquesne University professors John Pollock and Dave Lampe with the Entertainment Technology Center (ETC) at the Carnegie Science Center in Pennsylvania which allows visitors to ask Charles Darwin regarding evolution.
- Darwin, Cuvier and Geoffrey: Comments and Questions. Grene, Marjorie // History & Philosophy of the Life Sciences;2001, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p187
In writing, in the Origin of Species, of 'two great laws' on which organic beings are formed, 'Unity of Type' and 'Conditions of Existence', Darwin was referring to the famous opposition between Cuvier and Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire, first stated publicly in the spring of 1830. After a brief...
- Introduction. Burk, Frank Dixon // Evolution: By Chance or by Design?;1994, p7
An introduction to the book "Evolution: By Chance or by Design?" by Frank Dixon Burk is presented, which discusses the role of genetic programming in the evolution, the association of time and chance in the miracle of life and the theory of evolution by Charles Darwin.
- FROM THE EDITOR. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses a report by Sara Hoot on the botanical work of Charles Darwin, on the book "More than Darwin: An Encyclopedia of the People and Places of the Evolution-Creationism Controversy," by Randy Moore, and on science education...
- The Evolution of Evolution. Labuzzetta, Charlie // Teen Ink;Dec2009, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p20
This article explores the legacies of the theory of evolution of Charles Darwin.
- We Are All Intellectual Descendants of Charles Darwin. Moore, Randy // American Biology Teacher;Feb2009, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p70
The author reflects on the impact to science, especially biology, of naturalist and author Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. The author considers how Darwin's ideas have undermined humanity's beliefs in their uniqueness. He also considers how Darwin's theory has been misapplied by Social...