Who killed Mrs. Sinico?
- INTRODUCTION: JOYCEAN UNIONS. KERSHNER, R. BRANDON // European Joyce Studies;2013, Vol. 22, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including aspects of novelist James Joyce's interaction with Eastern Europe, his encounters with eastern European cultures, and his effort at the criticism of a painting.
- James Joyce. Gray, Paul // Time;6/8/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 22, p102
Profiles writer James Joyce, who was chosen one of the 100 most influential people of the twentieth century by `Time' magazine. Biographical data; Career highlights. INSET: Amid the mass-market noise, these writers made themselves heard.
- The Genius and the Injustice Collector: A Memoir of James Joyce. Edel, Leon // American Scholar;Autumn80, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p467
Presents a memoir of author James Joyce. Physical characteristics; Literary works; Family background.
- ï¿½Let All Malthusiasts Go Hangï¿½. Gibson, Andrew // Literature & History;Autumn2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on the contemporary and historical studies of James Joyce works in Ireland. Development of international reputation; Lack of evidence on medicine history; Comments on the books written by Joyce.
- James Joyce's Encounters with Spanish Censorship, 1939-1966. Lazaro, Alberto // Joyce Studies Annual;Summer2001, Vol. 12, p38
Traces the history of book censorship in Spain in order to provide a survey of the Spanish censors' attitude toward the works of James Joyce in the Franco era. Political obstacles Joyce faced in getting his books distributed in postwar Spain; Files on censorship of Joyce's 'Ulysses,';...
- Is There Music in Joyce and Where do We Look for it? Zatkalik, Milos // Joyce Studies Annual;Summer2001, Vol. 12, p55
Explores the techniques, procedures and effects found in James Joyce's literary works that are also peculiar to music, rather than to literature. Auditory side of music; Form and structure of musical work; Psychological aspects of music; General laws of the construction of a musical work as an...
- Dublin in the Time of Joyce. Monaghan, Ken // Joyce Studies Annual;Summer2001, Vol. 12, p65
Describes Dublin, Ireland during the time of James Joyce in the early twentieth-century. Impact of Joyce's reputation on the lives of her sisters; Depiction of Dublin and its people in literary works of Joyce; Recognition given by the people of Dublin to Joyce.
- Adventures in the Joyce Trade. Staley, Thomas F. // Joyce Studies Annual;Summer2001, Vol. 12, p100
Talks about the creation of the first symposium to bring European and U.S. James Joyce scholars together in Dublin, Ireland in 1967. Creation of the James Joyce Foundation from the first symposium; Formulation of the plans for 'James Joyce Quarterly,' in 1963; Development of the 'Joyce Studies...
- Joyce and Trieste: From the Joyce Festival to the Trieste Joyce School. Crivelli, Renzo C. // Joyce Studies Annual;Summer2001, Vol. 12, p111
Presents historical information on the Joyce Workshop of the University of Trieste, Joyce Festival of Trieste and the Trieste Joyce School in Italy, in honor of writer James Joyce. Launch of the Joyce Festival of Trieste in October 1993; Aim of the Workshop; Goals of the Trieste Joyce School,...