Marcel Duchamp: The Woolworth Building as readymade, January 1916
- 1913 The Country's First Real Skyscraper. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/15/99, Vol. 242 Issue 7, p32
Features the Woolworth Building in New York City, New York as the world's tallest building in 1913. Owner of the building; Architectural designer; Information on its construction.
- Skylines & Tall Buildings Pictorial. // Elevator World;Nov2013, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p56
Several photographs taken as of November 2013 are presented, including the Dubai cityscape in United Arab Emirates, the Woolworth Building in New York City, and the Eureka Tower in Melbourne, Victoria.
- Woolworth Building put on the block. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/29/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 81, p4
Announces the selling of Woolworth Building in New York City, New York. Cost of the building; Companies that Woolworth assigned to look into the sale of the headquarters; Reason for selling the building.
- Levitz will move HQ to Manhattan. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;11/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p39
No abstract available.
- Venator selling Woolworth Building. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/23/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 119, p15
Reports on Venator Group's selling of the landmark Woolworth Building, in New York, to The Witkoff Group. Venator's operating units relocation plan; Comments from Juris Pagrabs of Venator.
- Woolworth Building turns on new media firms. Croghan, Lore // Crain's New York Business;12/13/99, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p16
Focuses on developments related to real estate business in and around New York City, current as of December 13, 1999. Includes landlord Steve Witkoff's plan to reposition the Woolworth Building with two electronic commerce leases; Construction of two restaurants in the TriBeCa area.
- CASS GILBERT. Goldberger, Paul // Architectural Digest;Feb2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p106
Profiles architect Cass Gilbert who designed the 1913 Woolworth Building in New York City. Influences and design philosophy; Views on the art of architecture; Description of the building and the remodeling plans; Information on the exhibition `Inventing the Skyline: The Architecture of Cass...
- Woolworth's cathedral. Gordon, John Steele // American Heritage;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p16
Traces the background and development of the Woolworth Building in New York City. Retail magnate Frank Winfield Woolworth's goals to have an impressive skyscraper associated with his name; Woolworth's personal involvement in the construction; Value today as a landmark.
- PAINTING IN FAMOUS NYC BUILDINGS. // American Artist;Jul2004, Vol. 68 Issue 744, p11
Focuses on the artist-in-residency program initiated by the Lower Manhattan Cultural Council in New York City that would allow its chosen artists to work in Woolworth Building in New York City. Sceneries that can be viewed from the building; Criteria used by a panel of art professionals in...