A bloody dark pastryman: Cormac McCarthy's recipe for gunpowder and historical fiction in Blood
- Reading Blood Meridian. Donoghue, Denis // Sewanee Review;Summer97, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p401
Presents a critique of the book `Blood Meridian,' by Cormac McCarthy. Utilization of the book in the teaching of aesthetics; McCarthy's previous works; McCarthy's handling of developments or complications of a story; McCarthy's literary style; Plot of the novel.
- Yuman Belief Systems and Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. Peebles, Stacey // Texas Studies in Literature & Language;Summer2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p231
Criticizes Cormac McCarthy's novel 'Blood Meridian.' Demythologizing of the American West; Subtraction of myth from the narrative of the American West and replaces it with a more realistic perspective; Overview of the plot, characters and setting of the novel.
- Blood Meridian. Shaw, Patrick W. // Modern American Novel of Violence;2000, p132
A literary criticism of the novel "Blood Meridian," by Cormac McCarthy is presented. "Blood Meridian" is described as the alpha and the omega of the novel of violence. It is said that violence was part of every chapter and on almost every page. For one to understand the violence of the novel,...
- DISAPPEARANCE IN CORMAC MCCARTHY'S BLOOD MERIDIAN. SNYDER, PHILLIP A. // Western American Literature;Summer2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p126
A literary criticism is presented of the book "Blood Meridian," by Cormac McCarthy. The author considers particularly how the novel deconstructs the typical western novel and his use of disappearances in the book. The author reviews several other important criticisms that have been written of...
- Desperately seeking Cormac. Hall, Michael // Texas Monthly;Jul98, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p76
Profiles Cormac McCarthy, an American writer. Information on the book `Blood Meridian'; List of McCarthy's Border Trilogy; Family of McCarthy; Details on the book `Cities of the Plain.'
- Of Whales and Men: The Dynamics of Cormac McCarthy's Environmental Imagination. Lilley, James D. // Southern Quarterly;Winter2000, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p111
Examines the writings and plays by Cormac McCarthy. McCarthy's screenplay entitled 'Whales and Men'; Information on McCarthy's first novel, 'The Orchard Keeper'; Details on the book 'Blood Meridian.'
- Fugitive Pieces Wiman, Christian // Poetry;May2001, Vol. 178 Issue 2, p90
This article presents a commentary on poems and poets. Criticism of the poem "Crime and Punishment"; Overview of the book "Blood Meridian," by Cormac McCarthy; Definition of tragedy, according to poet Patrick Kavanagh.
- THE WIRED WEST. Moran, Terence // New Republic;5/6/85, Vol. 192 Issue 19, p37
Reviews the book "Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West," by Cormac McCarthy.
- Blood Meridian (Book). Burgess, Edwin B. // Library Journal;3/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p104
Reviews the book 'Blood Meridian: Or, the Evening Redness in the West,' by Cormac McCarthy.