A bloody dark pastryman: Cormac McCarthy's recipe for gunpowder and historical fiction in Blood
- Reading Blood Meridian. Donoghue, Denis // Sewanee Review;Summer97, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p401
Presents a critique of the book `Blood Meridian,' by Cormac McCarthy. Utilization of the book in the teaching of aesthetics; McCarthy's previous works; McCarthy's handling of developments or complications of a story; McCarthy's literary style; Plot of the novel.
- Blood Meridian. Shaw, Patrick W. // Modern American Novel of Violence;2000, p132
A literary criticism of the novel "Blood Meridian," by Cormac McCarthy is presented. "Blood Meridian" is described as the alpha and the omega of the novel of violence. It is said that violence was part of every chapter and on almost every page. For one to understand the violence of the novel,...
- THE WIRED WEST. Moran, Terence // New Republic;5/6/85, Vol. 192 Issue 19, p37
Reviews the book "Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West," by Cormac McCarthy.
- The Dawning of the Age of Aquarius: Abjection, Identity, and the Carnivalesque in Cormac McCarthy's Suttree. Canfield, J. Douglas // Contemporary Literature;
The article focuses on the literary works of one of the greatest American novelist of the late twentieth century Cormac McCarthy. Of his current eight novels at least one seems an acknowledged masterpiece, Blood Meridian or The Evening Redness in the West (1985), the first of McCarthy's Western...
- Of Whales and Men: The Dynamics of Cormac McCarthy's Environmental Imagination. Lilley, James D. // Southern Quarterly;Winter2000, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p111
Examines the writings and plays by Cormac McCarthy. McCarthy's screenplay entitled 'Whales and Men'; Information on McCarthy's first novel, 'The Orchard Keeper'; Details on the book 'Blood Meridian.'
- Blood Meridian (Book). Burgess, Edwin B. // Library Journal;3/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p104
Reviews the book 'Blood Meridian: Or, the Evening Redness in the West,' by Cormac McCarthy.
- anniversariesâ€¦. McNamee, Gregory // Kirkus Reviews;7/1/2005, Vol. 73 Issue 13, p696
Reviews the book "Blood Meridian," by Cormac McCarthy.
- BLOOD MERIDIAN. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2007, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p150
The article reviews the book "Blood Meridian," by Cormac McCarthy.
- Tempting the Child: The Lyrical Madness of Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. Twomey, Jay // Southern Quarterly;Spring/Summer1999, Vol. 37 Issue 3/4, p255
Presents a critical analysis of the southern novel 'Blood Meridian,' by Cormac McCarthy. Plot and main characters of the story; Manner by which violence was represented in the novel; Reactions from reviewers.