OUT OF PLATO'S CAVE: THE NATURAL HISTORY OF TIME
- The Habitation of the Word. Gass, William H. // Kenyon Review;Fall84, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p85
Examines the use of language and the theory of knowledge in Plato's 'Phaedrus.' Expression of quantitative law; Relationship between ideas and things; Theory of language; Rhetoric.
- Three Disappearing Ladders in Plato. Dorter, Kenneth // Philosophy & Rhetoric;1996, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p279
The article presents information on various issues related to Platonic philosophy. The crucial importance of rhetoric for Plato is most evident in the book "Phaedrus," where Plato, after devoting the first half of the dialogue to "eros" and the love of wisdom, devotes the second half to...
- Out of the past. Hamilton, W. // ONE;Oct55, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p16
This article presents a reprint of extracts from the book 'Symposium,' by Plato. States of mind between wisdom and ignorance; Concept of good; Object of love.
- PLATON'UN SANAT KURAMININ DÃœÅžÃœNSEL EVRÄ°MÄ°. ÜLGER, Emir // Felsefe ve Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi (FLSF);Fall2013, Issue 16, p15
Art and a philosophical theory based on art were first formed by Plato in the history of philosophy. His philosophy of art is positioned in the limitations of ontology and epistemology. Existent fundamental conceptual evaluations in Plato aesthetics are analyzed in a particular logical...
- PLATO ON COMPULSORY LEARNING. // Education;Feb1941, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p343
This article presents a quote from famous educationist Plato. He quotes on compulsory learning and acquisition of knowledge.
- Perspectives, Pluralism, Showing and Saying. Kennedy, Kevin // Topoi;Jun2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p103
This paper reflects on a number of metaphysical and epistemological aspects of theatrical performance and the theatrical aspects of some philosophical writing. It tries to demonstrate that both philosophy and theater say and show philosophical truths while also giving some evidence for the truth...
- LIFELESS WRITINGS OR LIVING SCRIPT?: THE LIFE OF LAW IN PLATO, MIDDLE PLATONISM, AND JEWISH PLATONIZERS. Lane, Melissa S. // Cardozo Law Review;Feb2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p937
The article focuses on the concerns related to living script or lifeless writings that depicts the life of law in Plato, philosopher of classical Greece, and Platonism, Plato's philosophy. It discusses the problems relating to written law and necessities of law that include precise knowledge and...
- On Plato's Theory of Forms. LIU Piyong // Canadian Social Science;8/31/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p206
Plato was not only the founder of modern philosophy, but also the first to systematically philosophize about the arts. He has a deep influence on western culture including a strong influence on the arts, and on theories of art. However, in the case of the arts and aesthetic theory that influence...
- La propedÃ©utica y el discurso sobre las tecnologÃas. López, Rosendo // VisiÃ³n ElectrÃ³nica;ene-jun2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p178
This paper presents an alternative view where technology education in Colombia is rethought at the outset of a new structure referred to (by the national government) as education for pre-university courses, a concept introduced by act 749 of July 19th 2002. Such a concept initially focused on...