OUT OF PLATO'S CAVE: THE NATURAL HISTORY OF TIME
- The Habitation of the Word. Gass, William H. // Kenyon Review;Fall84, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p85
Examines the use of language and the theory of knowledge in Plato's 'Phaedrus.' Expression of quantitative law; Relationship between ideas and things; Theory of language; Rhetoric.
- Three Disappearing Ladders in Plato. Dorter, Kenneth // Philosophy & Rhetoric;1996, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p279
The article presents information on various issues related to Platonic philosophy. The crucial importance of rhetoric for Plato is most evident in the book "Phaedrus," where Plato, after devoting the first half of the dialogue to "eros" and the love of wisdom, devotes the second half to...
- Plato grammaticus. Sobre el concepto platÃ³nico de epistÄ“mÄ“ en la doctrina del sueÃ±o del Teeteto. // AretÃ©: Revista de FilosofÃa;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p167
No abstract available.
- Die semiotische Erkenntnistheorie Platons im Siebten Brief. Eine EinfÃ¼hrung in den sogenannten philosophischen Exkurs. // AretÃ©: Revista de FilosofÃa;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p223
No abstract available.
- ANTICIPATING THE FORMS. Brice, Robert Greenleaf // Analysis & Metaphysics;2008, Vol. 7, p132
My aim here is to determine whether in Plato's early dialoguesâ€”Meno, Phaedo, Euthyphroâ€”there is enough evidence to suggest the presence of his theory of Forms. While the theory of recollection (anamnesis) is present in both Meno and Phaedo, the conventional wisdom is that we only...
- Out of the past. Hamilton, W. // ONE;Oct55, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p16
This article presents a reprint of extracts from the book 'Symposium,' by Plato. States of mind between wisdom and ignorance; Concept of good; Object of love.
- PLATON'UN SANAT KURAMININ DÃœÅžÃœNSEL EVRÄ°MÄ°. ÜLGER, Emir // Felsefe ve Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi (FLSF);Fall2013, Issue 16, p15
Art and a philosophical theory based on art were first formed by Plato in the history of philosophy. His philosophy of art is positioned in the limitations of ontology and epistemology. Existent fundamental conceptual evaluations in Plato aesthetics are analyzed in a particular logical...
- PLATO ON COMPULSORY LEARNING. // Education;Feb1941, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p343
This article presents a quote from famous educationist Plato. He quotes on compulsory learning and acquisition of knowledge.
- Perspectives, Pluralism, Showing and Saying. Kennedy, Kevin // Topoi;Jun2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p103
This paper reflects on a number of metaphysical and epistemological aspects of theatrical performance and the theatrical aspects of some philosophical writing. It tries to demonstrate that both philosophy and theater say and show philosophical truths while also giving some evidence for the truth...