"I Will Remain Silence and Scream": Edmond JabÃ¨s and the Wound and Witness of Language
- The Task of Testimony. Stark, Jared // History & Memory;Fall/Winter1999, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p37
Presents an article about Jewish holocaust testimonies. Overview of the book 'No Common Place: The Holocaust Testimony of Alina Bacall-Zwirn'; Details of the development of a video version of the book; Description of the holocaust.
- Is That All There Is? Corwin, Lily // Studies in American Jewish Literature (Purdue University Press);2011, Vol. 30, p68
A literary criticism of the book "The Book of Memory," by Paul Auster is presented. It mentions that this book considers philosophical, religious and personal issues by analyzing quotes, paintings and memories. It criticizes the protagonist's secular Judaism, the importance of Holocaust to him...
- The Book of Questions (Book Review). Palencia, Elaine F. // LJ: Library Journal;3/1/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p720
Reviews the book 'The Book of Questions,' by Edmond Jabes.
- The Book of Questions (Book). Fuchs, Marcia G. // Library Journal;6/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p1157
Reviews the book '.
- Moralpolitik versus Moralpolitik. Langenbacher, Eric // German Politics & Society;Fall2005, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p106
The article discusses the resurgence of memories of German suffering in German collective memories during the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II, Jewish Holocaust and Nazism in 2005. The discourse would be much enriched due to full access to all witnesses and official documents. The...
- The Bureaucrat. // Time;6/30/1961, Vol. 77 Issue 27, p20
The article discusses the life and works of Nazi leader Adolf Eichmann. It mentions that at night, Eichmann pored over his files until his eyes watered with weariness in his cell. It stresses that Eichmann did not take his oath in a Bible because he was not bound by any faith when he was tasked...
- After the Witness. Rothberg, Michael; Stark, Jared // History & Memory;Spring/Summer2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p85
Discusses issues raised in The Contribution of Oral Testimony to Holocaust and Genocide Studies conference in the U.S. from October 6 to 8, 2002. Practical and ethical dimensions of recording testimonies; Relationship between Holocaust and Gulag literature and between responses to the Native...
- quel horreur! Heller, Steven // Print;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p20
This article focuses on cartoon humor depicting the Holocaust. There is a fine line between artistic license and insensitivity, and a French postage stamp issued in April to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the liberation of the concentration camps skates perilously close to disrespect....
- The Escapist: Fantasy, Folklore, and the Pleasures of the Comic Book in Recent Jewish American Holocaust Fiction. Behlman, Lee // Shofar: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies;Spring2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p56
Jewish American writers addressing the Holocaust in fiction have encountered a daunting set of moral and aesthetic difficulties. Among these are the seemingly unbridgeable historical divide between a relatively comfortable American Jewish present and the dark European past and the inadequacy of...