The Humanistic Ideal and the Representative Public in Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship
- Traditionalizing Convention in Leslie Silko's "Ceremony": "Seems Like I Already Heard These Stories Before." Nigro, Frank // North Dakota Quarterly;Summer2003, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p56
According to Frank Nigro, "Ceremony," by Leslie Marmon Silko has strong parallels to Goethe's "Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship." "Ceremony" draws on many Laguna myths, but, also seems to draw on the Western Bildungsroman, which begain with Goethe's work. Both works focus on the protagonist's...
- OUT OF COMPETITION. // Framework: The Journal of Cinema & Media;Autumn75, Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the films that have not competed in the Berlin Film Festival in Germany. It includes "The Actor's Journey" which is considered as an extraordinary cinematographic event in the industry, the film of director Chantal Kerman having aims and achievements that cannot be measured...
- MARY WOLLSTONECRAFT BOARDS THE EUPHROSYNE. Henke, S. A. // Virginia Woolf Miscellany;Spring82, Issue 18, p4
The article presents information about various novels written contemporary to a novel "The Voyage Out," written by Virginia Woolf. The various novels are: Johann Wolfgang Goethe's "Wilhelm Meister," William Wordsworth's "Prelude," Lord Byron's "Don Juan," Charles Dicken's "Great Expectations"...
- INDEX. // Female Bildungsroman by Toni Morrison & Maxine Hong Kingston: A;2000, Vol. 10, p189
A subject index for the book "Female Bildungsroman: A Postmodern Reading," by Toni Morrison and Maxine Hong Kingston is presented.
- The Female Bildungsroman: Calling It into Question. Lazzaro-Weis, Carol // NWSA Journal;Winter90, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p16
Discusses ways in which the rubric 'Bildungsroman' and all of its variants have managed to gain some theoretical currency among feminist critics. Analysis of how 19th- and early 20th-century women novelists had represented the suppression and defeat of female autonomy, creativity and maturity...
- SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Female Bildungsroman by Toni Morrison & Maxine Hong Kingston: A;2000, Vol. 10, p174
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "Rethinking the Bildungsroman," by Frederick Amrine, "Gender Trouble," by Judith Butler, and "Diving Deep and Surfacing: Woman Writers on Spiritual Quest," by Carol P. Christ.
- Introduction. // Avant-Garde Critical Studies;2011, Vol. 26, p9
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the book including genre criticism, the Bildungsroman category, and the ideological configurations of Bildungsroman.
- For Humanity's Sake: The Bildungsroman in Russian Culture. Nemoianu, Virgil // Review of Metaphysics;Jun2012, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p895
The article reviews the book "For Humanity's Sake: The Bildungsroman in Russian Culture" by Lina Steiner.
- Bildungsroman. Fisher, Jessica // American Poetry Review;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p48
Presents the poem "Bildungsroman," by Jessica Fisher. First Line: Have you watched the bird; Last Line: slowly moving underneath.