The Humanistic Ideal and the Representative Public in Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship
- MARY WOLLSTONECRAFT BOARDS THE EUPHROSYNE. Henke, S. A. // Virginia Woolf Miscellany;Spring82, Issue 18, p4
The article presents information about various novels written contemporary to a novel "The Voyage Out," written by Virginia Woolf. The various novels are: Johann Wolfgang Goethe's "Wilhelm Meister," William Wordsworth's "Prelude," Lord Byron's "Don Juan," Charles Dicken's "Great Expectations"...
- INDEX. // Female Bildungsroman by Toni Morrison & Maxine Hong Kingston: A;2000, Vol. 10, p189
A subject index for the book "Female Bildungsroman: A Postmodern Reading," by Toni Morrison and Maxine Hong Kingston is presented.
- SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Female Bildungsroman by Toni Morrison & Maxine Hong Kingston: A;2000, Vol. 10, p174
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "Rethinking the Bildungsroman," by Frederick Amrine, "Gender Trouble," by Judith Butler, and "Diving Deep and Surfacing: Woman Writers on Spiritual Quest," by Carol P. Christ.
- Bildungsroman. STRECKFUS, PETER // New Republic;7/12/2012, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p43
The poem "Bildungsroman" by Peter Streckfus is presented. First Line: Where am I. Last Line: soda between ourselves.
- The Female Bildungsroman: Calling It into Question. Lazzaro-Weis, Carol // NWSA Journal;Winter90, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p16
Discusses ways in which the rubric 'Bildungsroman' and all of its variants have managed to gain some theoretical currency among feminist critics. Analysis of how 19th- and early 20th-century women novelists had represented the suppression and defeat of female autonomy, creativity and maturity...
- Bildungsroman. Fisher, Jessica // American Poetry Review;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p48
Presents the poem "Bildungsroman," by Jessica Fisher. First Line: Have you watched the bird; Last Line: slowly moving underneath.
- Introduction. // Avant-Garde Critical Studies;2011, Vol. 26, p9
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the book including genre criticism, the Bildungsroman category, and the ideological configurations of Bildungsroman.
- For Humanity's Sake: The Bildungsroman in Russian Culture. Nemoianu, Virgil // Review of Metaphysics;Jun2012, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p895
The article reviews the book "For Humanity's Sake: The Bildungsroman in Russian Culture" by Lina Steiner.
- Formative Fictions: Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism, and the Bildungsroman. MINDEN, MICHAEL // Modern Language Review;Apr2014, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p484
No abstract available.