'SAMENESS' VERSUS 'SANENESS' IN POE'S 'MORELLA'
- REPRESSION AND GUILT IN POE'S 'MORELLA' Fukuchi, Curtis // Studies in Short Fiction;Spring87, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p148
Focuses on the treatment of the narrator in the short story 'Morella,' by Edgar Allan Poe. Suggestion that the narrator fears his wife because of the passion she arouses; Establishment of the narrator's emotional and sexual repression; Protagonist's replacement of his female with his own creation.
- The Marian Aesthetics of Edgar Allan Poe. Matthew Meyer, Joseph // Edgar Allan Poe Review;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
This study explores Poe's aesthetic vision of the Virgin Mary in "Morella" and the "Catholic Hymn"â€”or the "Hymn," as the poem is referred to today. The argument put forth is that Poe's depictions of Mary in the texts previously mentioned are influenced by his early Anglican upbringing....
- POE AS POET. // Scholastic Scope;10/29/2001, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p13
Presents the poem 'Annabel Lee,' by Edgar Allan Poe.
- Happy Birthday, Poe! // Scholastic Scope;1/5/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the month celebration for famous writer Edgar Allan Poe on his 200th birthday in January 19, 2009 which includes the new movie "Tell-Tale" starred by Josh Lucas, putting a modern-day approach of Poe's 1843 short story "Tell-Tale Heart."
- The Masque of the Red Death. // Know Your World Extra;10/18/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p8
Presents a script based on the play, 'The Masque of the Red Death,' by Edgar Allan Poe.
- POE'S 'MISS B.' AND 'ANNIE' Freeman Jr., Fred B. // American Notes & Queries;Jan74, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p79
Deals with two ladies believed to be the last romantic attachments of Edgar Allan Poe. Information on Eliza Jane Butterfield and Annie Richmond; Details of how Poe met the two ladies.
- Ouch! A rabid end to Poe. O'Meara, Stephen // Odyssey;Mar97, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p4
Presents a contention on the cause of the death of writer, Edgar Allan Poe. Speculation on alcoholism; Rabies as the last proposition on death; Premonition of Poe's death in his `Black Cat' short story.
- The Masque of the Red Death. Poe, Edgar Allan // Plays - The Drama Magazine for Young People;May2010, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p21
The article presents the script of the play "The Masque of the Red Death," by Edgar Allan Poe, adapted by Tracy Wells.
- Poe's Funeral, Take Two. // Scholastic Scope;1/25/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the reburial of writer Edgar Allan Poe in Baltimore, Maryland which marked the 200th anniversary of Poe's birth