Heritage and deracination in Walker's `Everyday Use.'
- In Spite of It All: Reading of Alice Walker's "Everyday Use." Whitsitt, Sam // African American Review;Fall2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p443
Presents an interpretation of the short story "Everyday Use," by Alice Walker. Profile of Walker; Books written by Walker; Plot of the story; Symbolic value attributed to the quilt in the story.
- Fight vs. Flight: A Re-evaluation of Dee in Alice Walker's ï¿½Everyday Useï¿½. Farrell, Susan // Studies in Short Fiction;Spring1998, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p179
Presents criticisms on the short story 'Everyday Use,' by Alice Walker. Theme of the story; Strategy for contemporary African Americans to cope with oppressive society; Mood of the story.
- Everyday Use: Analysis. Donovan, Barrett K. // Kentucky English Bulletin;Fall2008, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p83
The article analyzes the short story "Everyday Use," by Alice Walker.
- Antagonized by the Text, Or, It Takes Two to Read Alice Walker's "Everyday Use". MULLINS, MATTHEW // Comparatist;May2013, Vol. 37, p37
The article presents the author's views on the antagonistic relationship between literary text and demystifying critic, highlighting the short story "Everyday Use" by Alice Walker. He states that the relationship takes the form instead of a one-sided question that does not encourage discussion....
- Everyday Use: Possession. Hart, Megan // Kentucky English Bulletin;Fall2008, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p81
The article presents the author's views on personal possession. She defines possession as something one can call his or her own and as something that carries special memories. She considers her big buster bear and hockey stick as her possessions. An analysis of Alice Walker's short story...
- Alice Walker: Everyday Use. Dick, Jeff // Booklist;6/1/2004-6/15/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 19/20, p1761
Reviews the DVD 'Alice Walker: Everyday Use,' based on the short story by the same name by author, Alice Walker.
- Destroying to Save: Idealism and Pragmatism in Alice Walker's "Everyday Use." Sarnowski, Joe // Papers on Language & Literature;Summer2012, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p269
The article offers criticism on the short story "Everyday Use" by African-American author Alice Walker. The author focuses on themes of idealism and pragmatism in the story and discusses the character of Hakim as a Black Muslim, the character of Dee/Wangero as the antagonist, and the characters...
- EVERYDAY USE. Wiedemann, Barbara // Short Fiction: A Critical Companion;1997, p256
The article presents several articles and books that review the short story "Everyday Use," by Alice Walker. These include "Patches: Quilts and Community in Alice Walker's Everyday Use," by Houston A. Baker Jr. in the 1985 issue of "The Southern Review," "Alice Walker: Another Southern Writer...
- Alleybones. Stolz, Mary // Cricket;Jan1996, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p5
Presents the short story `Alleybones.'