NIETZSCHE, HELEN CORKE, and D. H. LAWRENCE
- Nietzsche contra Lawrence: How to be True to the Earth. Garrard, Greg // Colloquy: Text Theory Critique;Nov2006, Issue 12, p9
The article compares the concept of gay science introduced by authors Friedrich Nietzsche and D. H. Lawrence. They rejected the Christian denigration of nature. In the book "The Gay Science/Die Frohliche Wissenschaft," Nietzsche proposes a programme of de-deification of nature together with a...
- D. H. LAWRENCE AND THE DANCE. Kinkead-Weekes, Mark // Dance Research;Spring1992, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p59
The article presents about David Herbert Lawrence, an English novelist and illustrates how dance influenced his writings. Lawrence has written several novels including essays which discusses the significant role of dance in the way of expressing thoughts, feelings, and actions from people. He...
- D.H. Lawrence and the Society for the Study of Social Questions. Worthen, John // Notes & Queries;Sep94, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p364
Focuses on D.H. Lawrence's involvement with the Society for the Study of Social Questions. Discovery of a notebook showing Lawrence as a member of the society; Nottingham University College students as members of the organization; Linkage of the organization with socialism; Lawrence's behavior...
- The Russian Soul Englished. Brown, Catherine // Journal of Modern Literature;Fall2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p132
According to received wisdom, the reception of Russian literature in English translation lowered self-consciousness in the use of the term soul by English authors. Virginia Woolf and D. H. Lawrence provide evidence of an opposite effect. English translations of Russian literature from the 1880s...
- Burlap's Angels and Daemons Aspects of the Mansfield Myth in Aldous Huxley's Point Counter Point. Reichmann, Angelika // Eger Journal of English Studies;2012, Vol. 12, p21
The article offers the author's insights on Aldous Huxley, who criticized English writer John Middleton Murry in his book "Point Counter Point". The author says that Huxley caricatured Murry as Denis Burlap due to his devotion to his exploitation of the legacy of his wife Katherine Mansfield....
- Friedrich Nietzsche--A Theoretician Of Modern Democracy. Kiss, Endre // East European Quarterly;Fall2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p373
Focuses on the political philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, a theoretician of modern democracy. Difficulties involved in the perspectivism and aphoristic style of Nietzsche's philosophy; Characteristics of a democratic government; Fundamental vision of Nietzche on modern democracy.
- Physiology as art: Nietzsche on form. Rampley, Matthew // British Journal of Aesthetics;Jul93, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p271
Examines Friedrich Nietzsche's critical reception of Kantian and post-Kantian aesthetics. Nietzsche's `all art is applied physiology' claim; Nietsche's writing affecting his critical aesthetics; Nietzsche outlining `knowing' as shaped by organic processes of the body; Active and reactive...
- Letter from the Editor. Acampora, Christa Davis // Journal of Nietzsche Studies;Autumn2009, Issue 38, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Werner Stegmaier on reading Nietzsche based on its philology, one by Herman Siemens on the Nietzsche Dictionary project, and one by Michael Ure on Nietzsche's engagement with Stoicism.
- Abbreviations and Citations of Friedrich Nietzsche's Works. // Journal of Nietzsche Studies;Autumn2010, Issue 40, p1
The article presents the abbreviations and citations for the titles of Friedrich Nietzsche's published works.