The Plight of Women in Shashi Despande's Novel The Binding Vine
- Repression, Ramification and Recognition: Development of the Female Protagonist in Shashi Deshpande's The Dark Holds No Terrors. Mini, V. S. // International Journal on Multicultural Literature;Jan2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p100
A literary criticism for the book "The Dark Holds No Terrors," by Shashi Deshpande is presented. It discusses the attributes of the heroines in the book where they have no supra-human power and are identifiable as women next door, which prove the quality of the novelist's technique. It also...
- AFET (MUHTEREMOÄžLU) ILGAZ'IN ROMANLARINDA KADIN SORUNSALI. YAZBAHAR, Zehra // Electronic Turkish Studies;Spring2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1063
From Tanzimat to Rebuclic, women were examined in various aspects by very important part of Turkish novelists. Women's place in society by men and women in second place among the questions the writers of Afet (MuhteremoÄŸlu) Ilgaz also mention the name. In this study, classified in terms of...
- "Slaves of the Imagination": Sir Walter Scott in the Works of Virginia Woolf. Parrott, Jennifer // Virginia Woolf Miscellany;Fall2006, Issue 70, p32
The article focuses on the relationship of author Virginia Woolf with novelist William Scott based on her works. Woolf used Scott's novel "The Antiquary" in her works due to the similarity of the plot with her life. Being a feminist writer, Woolf rejects Scott's plot which emphasizes on history...
- Portrayal of Middle Class Women in Bapsi Sidhwa's Ice-Candy Man During the Catatonic Times of Partition. Gunasekaran, N.; Peruvalluthi, V. // Language in India;
The women characters "subtly but effectively subvert the ingrained elements of patriarchy, privileging female will, choice, strength along with the feminine qualities of compassion and motherhood" in Ice-Candy-man which can undoubtedly be termed as a feminist novel - the traditional novel...
- 'Sticker than that' in Madison County. Martin, D. G. // Charlotte Post;8/23/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p4A
The author explores the choosing of Madison County as the setting of three of the best North Carolina novels in 2012, which includes "The Cove," by Ron Rash, "A Short Time to Stay Here," by Terry Roberts, and "A Land More Kind than Home," by Wiley Cash.
- The plot's the thing. Hill, Reginald // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Nov95, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on plotting. Definition; Importance of continuity; Touchtones of plotting.
- Plot, the bones of a story. Conrad, Pam // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jan96, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p22
Discusses how to develop a plot for a story. Difficulty for the author to make out a plot; Tool learned by the author to aid in plot development; Plot as a story's frame or skeleton; Parts of a plot.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;3/19/1960, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p149
The article discusses the first novel that was set in Spain and the leading character is the son of an American millionaire who decides to leave his big business for another kind of criminal life.
- PLOT AND SUBPLOT. // Scholastic Scope (Teacher's Edition);3/28/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 15, pT-5
Presents an educational exercise to recognize plots and subplots in a play.