'THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER' AND POE'S THEORY OF THE TALE
- THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER. Poe, Edgar Allan // Collected Works of Poe, Volume II;2006, p97
The short story "The Fall of the House of Usher" by Edgar Allan Poe is presented.
- THE POE PERPLEX. Corman, Roger; Bell, James // Sight & Sound;Nov2013, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p29
A personal narrative is presented in which the author discusses his experiences directing films based on the short stories of Edgard Allan Poe during the 1960s, including "The Fall of the House of Usher," "The Tomb of Ligeia," and "The Raven."
- The Fall of the House of Usher, #1 & #2. Nayef, Maria // Edgar Allan Poe Review;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p216
The article reviews the book "The Fall of the House of Usher," by Edgar Allan Poe.
- From 'The Fall of the House of Usher.'. Poe, Edgar Allan // Hutchinson Literary Extracts;2007, p1
An excerpt from the short story "The Fall of the House of Usher," by Edgar Allan Poe is presented.
- Poor Poe: On the Literature of Revulsion. Jones, Gavin // American Literary History;Spring2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
A literary criticism of works by writer Edgar Allan Poe is presented. The author examines the theme of revulsion in several genres explored by Poe: the horror story, the hoax, and the fugitive poem. He examines these works through the lens of economic criticism and discusses the portrayal of...
- Foucault in the House of Usher: Some Historical Permutations in Poe's Gothic. Dougherty, Stephen // Papers on Language & Literature;Winter2001, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
Interprets the poem `The Fall of the House of Usher,' by Edgar Allan Poe in the context of race relations and a biological nightmare scenario. Importance of `Usher' in the development of the Gothic genre in literature; Theme of `Usher'; Elements of the poem.
- LOCKE, KANT, AND GOTHIC FICTION: A FURTHER WORD ON THE INDETERMINISM OF POE'S "USHER". Thompson, G.R. // Studies in Short Fiction;Fall89, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p547
Comments on a paper by Beverly R. Voloshin in the journal 'Studies in Short Fiction,' about the short story 'The Fall of the House of Usher,' by Edgar Allan Poe. Lockean perspective on the idea of merging objective and subjective in gothic fiction; Multiplicity of merged interpretations of...
- Creating Atmosphere. // Literary Cavalcade;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p34
The article analyzes an excerpt from the story "The Fall of the House of Usher," by Edgar Allan Poe. In the excerpt the author compares belongings like wood and house with natural occurrences like decay of substances. He also compares the stench of the air with the dullness in life. The article...
- THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER. Pashapour, Arezou // Language in India;Jun2006, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
The article reviews the short story "The Fall of the House of Usher," by Edgar Allan Poe.