'A SORROWFUL WOMAN': GAIL GODWIN'S FEMINIST PARABLE
- Redeeming the irrational: The inexplexible heroines of... Halisky, Linda H. // Studies in Short Fiction;Winter90, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p45
Discusses Gail Godwin's short story `A Sorrowful Woman' and Doris Lessing's short story `To Room Nineteen.' Similarities of the stories; One marked difference of the stories; Lynn Sukenick's view about Lessing's stories in Sukenick's book `Feeling and Reason in Doris Lessing's Fiction'; Chief...
- The Odd Woman. Woods, Elizabeth M. // America;12/21/1974, Vol. 131 Issue 20, p412
The article reviews the book "The Odd Woman," by Gail Godwin.
- How I write. Godwin, G. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Oct87, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p17
Novelist Gail Godwin writes that the act of writing is still a mystery to her. When she writes, she is unconscious of her surroundings while she fuses language with idea.
- Gail Godwin, the South, and the canons. Wimsatt, Mary Ann // Southern Literary Journal;Spring95, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p86
Examines the reasons behind the exclusion of Gail Godwin's works from Southern literary canons. Mode and technique of writing; Portrayals of women; Shifts in personal and social circumstances of characters.
- Solo Notes. Godwin, Gail // Narrative Magazine;Winter2010, p1
An excerpt from the book "Solo Notes," by Gail Godwin is presented.
- Gail Godwin: A Leap of Faith in a New Novel. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;2/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 7, p81
Profiles author Gail Godwin. How she has changed over the years; Her works; Career highlights.
- Queen of the Underworld:. Seaman, Donna // Booklist;9/15/2005, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p6
Reviews the book â€œQueen of the Underworld,â€ by Gail Godwin.
- FRIENDSHIP, RIVALRY, REDEMPTION. HANSEN, RON // America;3/1/2010, Vol. 202 Issue 6, p31
The article reviews the book "Unfinished Desires," by Gail Godwin.
- Recent Fiction: The Odd Woman. Avant, John Alfred // New Republic;1/25/75, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p26
Reviews the book "The Odd Woman," by Gail Godwin.