READING THE MAP IN 'A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND'
- "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" O'Connor, Flannery // Atlanta;Mar2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p116
The article presents the short story "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor.
- Six Illustrations of "A Good Man Is Hard to Find". Brawner, Dan // Flannery O'Connor Review;2009, Vol. 7, p35
Several photographs are presented depicting the illustration of the short story "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor.
- "Someone to Shoot Her Every Minute of Her Life": Maternity and Violent Death in Helena MarÃa Viramontes and Flannery O'Connor. Hewitt, Avis // Flannery O'Connor Review;2006, Vol. 4, p12
The article discusses the connections of maternity and violent death in Helena Maria Viramontes story "The Cariboo Cafe" and Flannery O'Connor's "A Good Man is Hard to Find." It cites that these two stories of maternal shootings are found in contemporary literature anthologies as the most...
- Flannery O'Connor's "Spoiled Prophet". Hendricks, T. W. // Modern Age;Summer/Fall2009, Vol. 51 Issue 3/4, p202
A literary criticism of the short story "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor is presented. It examines the characters of the Misfit and the Grandmother, particularly the Misfit as a prophet. An overview of the story is included. The themes of faith, sin and humanity's relationship...
- A Source for E. A. T. in "A Good Man Is Hard to Find". Gentry, Marshall Bruce; Wilson, III, Robert J. // Flannery O'Connor Review;2011, Vol. 9, p36
The article focuses on the potential use of Georgia State College for Women Building Committee member E. A. Tigner as the reference for the character named Edgar Atkins Teagarden (EAT) in the short story "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," by Flannery O'Connor. It says that O'Connor wrote the short...
- SUFFERING AND THE SACRED IN FLANNERY O'CONNOR'S SHORT STORIES. Leigh, Davis J. // Renascence;Fall2013, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p365
An essay is presented about the role of suffering in both collections of Flannery O'Connor's collections of short fiction. The author describes how O'Connor's characters undergo physical, psychic and spiritual pain from various sources. He also discussed some of the short stories including "Good...
- A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND. Evans, Robert C. // Short Fiction: A Critical Companion;1997, p181
The article presents several articles and books that review the short story "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," by Flannery O'Connor. They include "Flannery O'Connor: The Imagination of Extremity," by Frederick Asals, "The Art and Vision of Flannery O'Connor," by Robert H. Brinkmeyer Jr. and "Flannery...
- Flannery O'Connor. // Language & Literature (10576037);2004, Vol. 29, p1
The article discusses the structure and symbolism found in some literary works by the author Flannery O'Connor. The short stories "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" and "Artificial Nigger" are analyzed, along with the novel "Wise Blood." The Christian symbolism which underpins many of the scenes and...
- O'CONNOR ON 'REVELATION': THE STORY OF A STORY. Cash, Jean W. // English Language Notes;Mar1987, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p61
Focuses on the publication of the short story 'Revelation,' by Flannery O'Connor. Factors influencing the literary works of O'Connor; Recognition received by O'Connor; Process of writing the story.