REPRESSION AND GUILT IN POE'S 'MORELLA'
- 'SAMENESS' VERSUS 'SANENESS' IN POE'S 'MORELLA' McCarthy, Kevin M. // American Notes & Queries;Jun73, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p149
Talks about the issue of sameness versus saneness in Edgar Allan Poe's short story 'Morella.' Synonyms of sameness.
- The Marian Aesthetics of Edgar Allan Poe. Matthew Meyer, Joseph // Edgar Allan Poe Review;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
This study explores Poe's aesthetic vision of the Virgin Mary in "Morella" and the "Catholic Hymn"â€”or the "Hymn," as the poem is referred to today. The argument put forth is that Poe's depictions of Mary in the texts previously mentioned are influenced by his early Anglican upbringing....
- THE UNIQUE EFFECT OF THE SHORT STORY: A RECONSIDERATION AND AN EXAMPLE. May, Charles E. // Studies in Short Fiction;Summer76, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p289
Analyzes the characteristics of the short story structure. Distinction between a novel and a short story; Contribution of writer Edgar Allan Poe on changing characteristics of the short story construction; Effects of short story on the readers as compared with the effects of novel.
- KINESTHETIC IMAGERY AND HELPLESSNESS IN THREE POE TALES. Oliver Jr., Lawrence J. // Studies in Short Fiction;Spring/Summer83, Vol. 20 Issue 2/3, p73
Focuses on the kinesthetic imagery conveyed by the three tales written by Edgar Allan Poe. Analysis on the literary characters created by Poe; Demonstration on the organic and thematic function of the rich visual imagery present in the tales; Use of the literary style of violent pictorialism in...
- THE OBLONG BOX. Poe, Edgar Allan // Masterpieces of Mystery Riddle Stories;1/1/1920, p6
The short story "The Oblong Box," by Edgar Allan Poe is presented.
- Edgar A. Poe. Lowell, James Russell // Function of the Poet & Other Essays;1/1/1920, p58
Presented is an essay that is based on Edgar A. Poes biography. It is in here that he describes how literary anomalies occur. He compares it to our very own solar system. The idea is like a sun and once it is formed the solar system of ideas, words, emotions and many other pieces. Once all of...
- Tintoretto and "The Oval Portrait". Savoye, Jeffrey A. // Edgar Allan Poe Review;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p233
The short story "The Oval Portrait" by Edgar Allan Poe is presented.
- A Tale of Jerusalem. Poe, Edgar Allan // Works of Edgar Allan Poe -- Volume 5;3/1/2006, p10
Presents the short story "A Tale of Jerusalem," by Edgar Allan Poe.
- The Sphinx. Poe, Edgar Allan // Works of Edgar Allan Poe -- Volume 5;3/1/2006, p12
Presents the short story "The Sphinx," by Edgar Allan Poe.