BEHIND THE SCENES OF HISTORY: DETERMINING THE DATE OF THE PRIESTLY SOURCE
- TWO PRIESTLY CONCEPTIONS OF GUIDANCE IN THE WILDERNESS. Frankel, David // Journal for the Study of the Old Testament;Dec98, Issue 81, p31
Discusses a number of priestly conceptions of guidance in the wilderness. Information on the texts where the conception of guidance is expounded; Extent of the conception central to the priestly theology; Function of the of the Tabernacle cloud in determining Israelite travel in the desert.
- The Jubilee ear and the Return of Cosmic Purity. Kawashima, Robert S. // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Jul2003, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p370
Focuses on the interpretation of the Jubilee Year and the ideas it embodies within the Priestly cultic system. Significance of the Day of Atonement in the concept of the Priestly system; Concept of the creation of the nation and its purity; Significance of Jubilee Years.
- Innerbiblical interpretation in Ezekiel 44 and the history of Israel's priesthood. Cook, Stephen L. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Summer95, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p193
Addresses the issues concerning the reconstruction of the history of Israel's priesthood behind the text of Ezekiel 44. Julius Wellhausen's view of Ezekiel 44 published in his `Prolegomena'; Text's relatively narrow restriction of the priesthood; Priesthood rules of P; Israel's cultic problems;...
- Of mud and the divine. Wasilewska, Ewa // World & I;Mar94, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p250
Part II. Discusses the two different traditions that consists the Genesis story of creation. Priestly tradition; Yahwistic tradition; Borrowed ideas from the traditions of Mesopotamia, Egypt and other areas of the ancient Middle East; Order of creation.
- Forms of the Priestly Style in the Pentateuch (Book). Greenspahn, Frederick E. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Fall91, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p503
Reviews the book 'Forms of the Priestly Style in the Pentateuch: Patterns, Linguistic Usages, Syntactic Structures,' by Meir Paran.
- The Holiness Legislation (Book Review). Anderson, Gary A. // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Jan2001, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p128
Reviews the book `The Holiness Legislation: Studies in Priestly Code,' by Baruch J. Schwartz.
- Sarah Shectman and Joel S. Baden (eds), The Strata of the Priestly Writings: Contemporary Debate and Future Directions. Matthews, Victor H. // Journal of Semitic Studies;Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p190
The article reviews the book "The Strata of the Priestly Writings: Contemporary Debate and Future Directions" edited by Sarah Shectman and Joel S. Baden.
- The Strata of the Priestly Writings: Contemporary Debate and Future Directions. MATTHEWS, VICTOR H. // Journal of Semitic Studies;Spring2013, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p190
The article reviews the book "The Strata of the Priestly Writings: Contemporary Debate and Future Directions," edited by Sarah Shectman and Joel S. Baden.
- The Place of Numbers 13-14* and Numbers 20:2-12* in the Priestly Narrative (Pg). BOORER, SUZANNE // Journal of Biblical Literature;Spring2012, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p45
Among scholars who adhere to an originally independent or once separate Priestly narrative (Pg) there is an emerging debate as to whether Numbers 13-14* and 20:2-12*1 are to be included in Pg. Traditionally these texts have been incorporated as part of Pg.2 Recently, however, this has been...