ETYMOLOGY OF 'TOODLE-OO'
- AUSSIE SPEAK. Marjamaa, Leigh // National Geographic Traveler;May/Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p59
Defines several terms commonly used in Australia. Anzac; Chockablock; Esky.
- PHRASE OF THE WEEK. // Entertainment Weekly;8/17/2001, Issue 609, p17
Presents the definition of blao, blao, a term used to show appreciation for a musical performance.
- WORD WATCH. Soukhanov, Anne H. // Atlantic (02769077);Feb88, Vol. 261 Issue 2, p90
Presents several words tracked by the editors of 'The American Heritage Dictionary.' Buildering; Egoboo; Softgel.
- Watch out for the rocks! Jenkins, Evan // Columbia Journalism Review;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p13
Studies the phrase `hit a milestone.' How the phrase was used.
- In the Know. // Faces;May2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p7
Explains the meaning of the terms Arab, Middle East and Muslim.
- The World as a Black Box. Lienhard, John H. // Across the Board;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
Presents an article about the term black box. Its use in the electronics and automotive industry; Lessons that can be learned from the black box.
- Ageless Cool. Nunberg, Geoffrey // Across the Board;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p10
Deals with the continued use of the term cool. Examples of terms that were survived by cool; Uses for the term since the 1970s.
- JARGON. // Entrepreneur;Aug2014, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p26
The article provides the definition and usage of the phrase 'boil the ocean,' which refers to wasting resources or time on unnecessary or overly ambitious projects.
- Automatic recognition of multi-word terms: the C-value/NC-value method. Frantzi, Katerina; Ananiadou, Sophia; Mima, Hideki // International Journal on Digital Libraries;2000, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p115
Presents a study which discussed a domain-independent method for the extraction of multi-word terms from machine-readable special language corpora. Importance of terms for digital libraries; Details on the C-value approach; Conclusions.