Analysis of the Feminism in Pride and Prejudice
- Audio reivews. Adams, Michael; Annichiarico, Mark // Library Journal;11/1/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 18, p133
Reviews the sound recording `Pride and Prejudice,` by Jane Austen.
- Jane Austen Fans Celebrate Bicentenary. // British Heritage;Jul2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
The article announces the bicentenary of the book "Pride and Prejudice," by Jane Austen, which was first published in 1813 by publisher Thomas Egerton.
- Two centuries later, Austen still matters. // CCPA Monitor;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p29
The article focuses on the success of the book "Pride and Prejudice," by Jane Austen which celebrates is bicentenary in 2013.
- JANE AUSTEN, PEMBERLEY, AND CHATSWORTH. Smith, Muriel // Notes & Queries;Dec2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p451
An excerpt from the novel "Pride and Prejudice," by Jane Austen is presented.
- Consumerism in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Wang Xiao-yan // US-China Foreign Language;Mar2007, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p70
With the development of industrialization and commercialization, by 19th century England had become a "consumer society". Being highly sensitive to the social changes of the time, Jane Austen, in her novel Pride and Prejudice, describes the Victorian middle class as influenced by embryonic forms...
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Costerus (New Series);2014, Vol. 203, p385
No abstract available.
- The Portrayal of Male Fools in Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice. Al-Haj, Ali Albashir Mohammed // English Language & Literature Studies;Jun2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p44
The present study aims at studying the male fools in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen's primary interest is people, not ideas, and her achievement lies in the meticulously exact presentation of human situations, the delineation of characters who are really living creatures, with...
- Pumping up the volumes. HUDDLESTON, ANNA // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/2/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, pP14
This article deals with the success of Bauman Rare Books in the Las Vegas, Nevada market. Owner David Bauman says the store has established several remarkable collections for both individual and corporate collectors. Particular focus is given to the genesis of Bauman's antiquarian book business....
- Prejudice, Pride, and Sectarian Schools. McArthur, Benjamin // Academic Questions;Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p65
Focuses on the occurrence of prejudice and pride in sectarian schools. Characteristics of the characters of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet in the book "Pride and Prejudice", by Jane Austen; Information on the history of several sectarian schools; Similarities between the relationship of Mr....