PENNY DREADFULS: LATE NINETEENTH--CENTURY BOYS' LITERATURE AND CRIME
- Forecasts: Fiction. // Publishers Weekly;1/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p78
Reviews the book `Penny Dreadful,' by Will Christopher Baer.
- Forthrightness in the family. Semmler, Clement // Quadrant Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p86
Reviews the books `Deal Me In: Sixty Years in Journalism and Never a Dull Moment,' by David McNicoll, and `Penny Dreadful: A Woman's View of the 1950s and 1960s,' by Penelope Nelson.
- Josh or Johnny? // NW;3/24/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p39
A photograph of Josh Hartnett promoting his television show "Penny Dreadful" at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas is presented.
- Penny Dreadful. Cooper, Ilene // Booklist;10/1/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p81
Reviews the book "Penny Dreadful," by Laurel Snyder.
- Penny Dreadful. // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 36, p45
The article reviews the book "Penny Dreadful," by Laurel Snyder, illustrated by Abigail Halpin.
- NEW YORK. // Back Stage (19305966);7/11/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 28, p47
A list of casting for new television (TV) programs in New York as of 2013 is presented, that includes the TV programs "Penny Dreadful," "The Leftovers," and "Quarry."
- PENNY DREADFUL. Stack, Tim // Entertainment Weekly;1/17/2014, Issue 1294, p38
The article previews the television program "Penny Dreadful," created by John Logan and starring Eva Green and Josh Hartnett.
- There Was Expert Space Predicting Long Before the Buck Rogers Era. Moran, P. J. // Saturday Evening Post;12/6/1952, Vol. 225 Issue 23, p12
The article provides information about dime novels, a melodramatic novel of romance or adventure, usually in paperback. According to the author, there has been an exchange of thoughts about how the dime novels of today, for some grounds they are considered comic books that forecast the future....
- Aeneas Faversham Forever. A. D. // ScotsGay Magazine;Aug2008, Issue 83, p10
The article reviews the play "Aeneas Faversham Forever," starring the Penny Dreadfuls, performed at Pleasance Courtyard in Edinburgh, Scotland.