SCHOPENHAUER, MAORI SYMBOLISM, AND WELL'S BRYNHILD
- He Dreamed the Future. Morrow, Ed // World & I;Jan2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p244
Features science fiction writer Herbert George Wells and his works. Public reactions to the radio broadcast of Wells' "The War of the Worlds"; Information on the novels of Wells; Details on Wells' parent and childhood.
- "The Island of Doctor Moreau," World Classics. Faktorovich, Anna // Pennsylvania Literary Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p20
The article reviews the book "The Island of Doctor Moreau," by H. G. Wells.
- The Time Machine. Ward, Cheryl // Booklist;11/15/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p56
The article reviews the audiobook "The Time Machine," written by H. G. Wells and read by Derek Jacobi.
- The Time Machine. Pierce, Lonna // School Library Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p55
A review of the audiobook "The Time Machine," written by H. G. Wells and narrated by Derek Jacoby is presented.
- H.G. Wells: Prophet Without Honor. Timko, Michael // World & I;May2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p5
The article focuses on the writing career of author H. G. Wells and highlights his literary works. During his long and distinguished life he wrote over a hundred works, most of which were novels, but also included nonfiction, essays, plays, textbooks, and scientific treatises and articles. His...
- War of the Worlds. Baker, Jennifer P. // Calliope;Apr2011, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p49
The article informs that the science fiction short story "The War of the Worlds," written by H. G. Wells, later was transformed into a novel, had a radio broadcast show based on it and still inspires movie makers.
- A Century of Science Fiction. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;11/13/98, Vol. 183 Issue 20, p37
Looks at the postage stamp designs which highlight the science fiction designed by Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. List of personalities featured in the commemorative stamps; Details on the stamp designs.
- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO WELLS. Achenbach, Joel // Smithsonian;Apr2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p110
Focuses on American science fiction writer Herbert George Wells. Discussion of his predictions of the future which have mostly come true; Biographical information; Public reaction to his science fiction novels.
- A CAUTIONARY NOTE ON THE GHOSTLY TALE. Kirk, Russell // University Bookman;Fall2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p53
This article presents an essay on stories of the supernatural. Numerous scientific and futuristic fantasies continues to emerge in the U.S., though the talent of author H. G. Wells did in that genre almost everything worth undertaking. Currently, a lot of people are attracted to life on other...