SCHOPENHAUER, MAORI SYMBOLISM, AND WELL'S BRYNHILD
- He Dreamed the Future. Morrow, Ed // World & I;Jan2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p244
Features science fiction writer Herbert George Wells and his works. Public reactions to the radio broadcast of Wells' "The War of the Worlds"; Information on the novels of Wells; Details on Wells' parent and childhood.
- "The Island of Doctor Moreau," World Classics. Faktorovich, Anna // Pennsylvania Literary Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p20
The article reviews the book "The Island of Doctor Moreau," by H. G. Wells.
- H.G. Wells: Prophet Without Honor. Timko, Michael // World & I;May2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p5
The article focuses on the writing career of author H. G. Wells and highlights his literary works. During his long and distinguished life he wrote over a hundred works, most of which were novels, but also included nonfiction, essays, plays, textbooks, and scientific treatises and articles. His...
- The Time Machine. Ward, Cheryl // Booklist;11/15/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p56
The article reviews the audiobook "The Time Machine," written by H. G. Wells and read by Derek Jacobi.
- The Time Machine. Pierce, Lonna // School Library Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p55
A review of the audiobook "The Time Machine," written by H. G. Wells and narrated by Derek Jacoby is presented.
- A Century of Science Fiction. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;11/13/98, Vol. 183 Issue 20, p37
Looks at the postage stamp designs which highlight the science fiction designed by Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. List of personalities featured in the commemorative stamps; Details on the stamp designs.
- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO WELLS. Achenbach, Joel // Smithsonian;Apr2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p110
Focuses on American science fiction writer Herbert George Wells. Discussion of his predictions of the future which have mostly come true; Biographical information; Public reaction to his science fiction novels.
- WELLS'S TONO-BUNGAY: THE NOVEL WITHIN THE NOVEL. Sommers, Jeffrey // Studies in the Novel;Spring85, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p69
Presents a critical analysis of H.G. Wells' novel 'Tono-Bungay.' Experimental aspects of the novel; Distinction between autobiography and the novel suggested by Wells; Use of traditional narrative models by Wells; Radical approach employed in the novel; Exploration of a novel within a novel by...
- Reshaping the World (Book). Hackett, Francis // New Republic;9/25/15, Vol. 4 Issue 47, p213
Reviews the book "The Research Magnificent: A Novel," by H. G. Wells.