THEODORE ROETHKE AS MEDIATIVE POET: AS ANALYSIS OF 'MEDITATIONS OF AN OLD WOMAN'
- Theodore Roethke. // Copper Canyon Press: Author Biographies;2012, p1
The article offers a brief profile of author and poet Theodore Roethke.
- Theodore Roethke. Forster, Matt // Theodore Roethke (9781429814805);2005, p1
Presents a biography on American poet Theodore Roethke. Background on his early life in Michigan; Details on his father's nursery and how the greenhouses and landscapes later influenced Roethke's poetry; Death of his father and his uncle; Education and attendance at Harvard University;...
- Five American Poets. Kizer, Carolyn // On Poetry & Craft;1/ 1/2001, p161
The poem "Five American Poets," by Theodore Roethke is presented. First Line: I can think of no real reason for introductions except to ir- Last Line: young, can have but one reaction: simple gratitude.
- THEODORE ROETHKE. // Research Guide to Biography & Criticism;1990, Vol. 4, p416
This article presents a research guide to books about poet Theodore Roethke. Works about Roethke include Theodore Roethke's Far Fields: The Evolution of His Poetry, by Peter Dalakian, Theodore Roethke's Meditative Sequence: Contemplation and the Creative Process, by Ann T. Foster, Understanding...
- THEODORE ROETHKE. Dougherty, David C. // Research Guide to Biography & Criticism;1985, Vol. 2, p987
This article presents a research guide to the life and works of poet Theodore Roethke. Born on May 25, 1908, in Saginaw, Michigan, Roethke is the son of fist-generation immigrants from Prussia. After graduating from the University of Michigan, he entered graduate school at Harvard University in...
- On Poetry and Craft (Book Review). Sparrow, Joyce // Library Journal;5/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p124
Reviews the book 'On Poetry and Craft: Selected Prose of Theodore Roethke,' by Theodore Roethke.
- PRIMAL EAR. Kirsch, Adam // New Yorker;8/8/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 23, p89
Features poets Theodore Roethke and James Wright. Relationship of the two poets; Themes of the poems of Roethke and Wright; Details of the works of Roethke and Wright.
- A Word to the Instructor. Kizer, Carolyn // On Poetry & Craft;1/ 1/2001, p107
The article presents a reprint of the article "A Word to the Instructor" which appeared in the previous issue of "On the Poet and His Craft." The reprinted article provides instructions for teaching poetry to students by the poet Theodore Roethke. Further information states that the poetry...
- MEDITATION AT OYSTER RIVER. Roethke, Theodore // New Yorker;11/19/1960, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p54
The article presents the poem "Meditation at Oyster River" by Theodore Roethke. First Line: Over the low, barnacled, elephant-colored rocks; Last Line: A shining.