Nancy Spero: Sperm bombs and jouissance
Tags: SPERO, Nancy
- Untitled. // Border Crossings;Feb2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p57
Several photographs of Nancy Spero's paintings which includes the "Gunship," "Female Helicopter," and "S.U.P.E.R.P.A.C.I.F.I.C.A.T.I.O.N." are presented.
- Bidding farewell with a Serpentine salute. Michalska, Julia // Art Newspaper;Mar2011, Issue 222, p75
The article offers information on "Nancy Spero," an art exhibition featuring works by artist Nancy Spero on view at the Serpentine Gallery in London, England from March 3 to May 1, 2011.
- NANCY SPERO 1926-2009. LYON's, CHRISTOPHER // Art in America;
The article presents an obituary for the New York City-based painter Nancy Spero.
- THE ART OF WAR. Rosenberg, Karen // New York;10/27/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p111
Presents the exhibition of the paintings of Nancy Spero in New York City. Subject of her paintings; Description of the paintings; Reaction of the painter on her works.
- NANCY SPERO. // New Yorker;11/17/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 35, p39
Announces the exhibition of artist Nancy Spero at the Galerie Lelong in New York City. Description of art works; Schedule.
- Nancy Spero at P.P.O.W., New York Kunsthalle and Jack Tilton. Harris, Susan // Art in America;Jan1997, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p92
Focuses on the collage exhibition by Nancy Spero at the P.P.O.W., New York Kunsthalle Gallery and Jack Tilton Gallery in New York City, New York. Minimalism and expressionism; Depiction of women's sexuality, strength and spirit.
- Nancy Spero. Smyth, Cherry // Art Monthly;Apr2011, Issue 345, p34
The article reviews the paint exhibitions of feminist Nancy Spero at the Serpentine Gallery in London, England fom March 3 to May 2, 2011.
- Nancy Spero: Works Since 1950. Langer, Cassandra // Women Artists News;Fall89, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p13
The article reviews the exhibition "Nancy Spero: Work Since 1950" at the New Museum in New York City from April-May 1989.
- Leon Golub and Nancy Spero: War and Memory. // Art in America;Aug94, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p27
Reviews the art exhibition by Leon Golub and Nancy Spero titled `Leon Golub and Nancy Spero: War and Memory.'