The image of Sango in Duro Ladipo's plays
- Theatrical evolution and the playwright or why do theaters want to become museums when they could... Nicholson, James // Kenyon Review;Spring93, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
Discusses the problem of expanding the horizons of American theater. Standard revivals seriously outnumbering productions of contemporary works; Reduction of the potential for theatrical evolution; Resilience of playwrights in dealing with issues which directly affect what they write; Effects...
- Index. // Medieval & Renaissance Drama in England;2008, Vol. 21, p304
A subject index for the January 2008 issue of "Medieval and Renaissance Drama in England," is presented.
- Unmasking theater's many faces. Mason, M.S. // Christian Science Monitor;5/19/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 125, p17
Discusses the history of theater, especially from 1000 to 2000 AD, including the role of masks in theater.
- Seeking Advice. Sweet, Jeffrey // Back Stage;10/30/98, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p53
Suggests that strangers are not where a playwright should look for criticism. Information on the New York Writers' Bloc; Importance of trust.
- Index. // Medieval & Renaissance Drama in England;2007, Vol. 20, p300
A subject index for the January 2007 issue of "Medieval & Renaissance Drama in England" is presented.
- Old cricket says. // Cricket;Jan1992, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p64
Talks about the beginnings of modern drama started over 2,000 years ago by a brilliant Greek man named Thespis. Originated actors speaking individual parts and masks which are today's theater's symbols; More.
- October theatre almanac. // American Theatre;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p11
Presents a history of several plays in the United States. George Bernard Shaw's `The Devil's Disciple'; American premiere of Karl Capek's sci-fi morality tale `R.U.R.'; Pirandello's `Six Characters in Search of an Author.'
- Index. // Medieval & Renaissance Drama in England;2012, Vol. 25, p243
A subject index for the 2012 issue of "Medieval & Renaissance Drama in England" is presented.
- Brief Notices. // Comparative Drama;Summer2012, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p253
A bibliography of books on topics such as the history of drama, critiques of plays, and futurist opera is presented, including "The Letters of Samuel Becket 1941-1956" edited by George Craig, Martha Dow Fehsendeld, Dan Gunn, and Lois More Overbeck, "Performing Gender Violence: Plays by...