Unimaginable Acts Imagined: Fathers, Family Myth, and the Postmodern Crisis of Paternal Authority in Toni Morrison's Love
- "Families make the best enemies": Paradoxes of Narcissistic Identification in Toni Morrison's "Love." Mellard, James M. // African American Review;Winter2009, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p699
Presents literary criticism of the novel "Love" by Toni Morrison. It examines narcissistic identification in the novel, reflecting on social and psychoanalytic theorist Slavoj Å½iÅ¾ek's analysis of psychoanalysts Sigmund Freud and Jacques Lacan. Other topics include black subjectivity,...
- Introduction: Faith and the Real. Wright, Edmond // Paragraph;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p5
Introduces several articles which critique the work of philosopher Slavoj Zizek. Requirement for communication; Danger posed by errors made by philosophers; Theme of the books of Zizek.
- Love. Fonseca, Rita // Revista Crï¿½tica de Ciï¿½ncias Sociais;jun2010, Issue 89, p216
The article reviews the book "Love", by Toni Morrison.
- Love. Wilkerson, Carmiele Y. // Femspec;2005, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p192
Reviews the book "Love," by Toni Morrison.
- SEPARATION OF CORPORATION & STATE. // Adbusters;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p69
The article presents quotation by Beverly Vaidus and Slavoj Zizek.
- 'There is no Other of the Other' Symptoms of a Decline in Symbolic Faith, or, ï¿½iï¿½ek's Anti-capitalism. Glynos, Jason // Paragraph;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p78
Redresses the balance between the Lacanian interventions of philosopher Slavoj Zizek in social movement and Marxism. Selections of passages by Zizek; Relation between Lacanian psychoanalysis by Zizek and Marxism; Agreement of Zizek with philosopher Karl Marx.
- ACTING UP. Clark, John // New Humanist;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p18
The article offers information on the life and works of Slovenian philosopher Slavoj Zizek in Great Britain. Accordingly, Zizek has long been known as the enfant terrible of the intellectual world and is also a social critic. In 2005, Zizek married the 26-year-old Argentine model Analia Hounie...
- Appropriating Zizek for Liberation Theology. Lanuza, Gerry; Lanuza, Bernard // Philippiniana Sacra;Sep-Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 126, p515
An essay is presented which talks about Slovenian theologian and sociologist Slavoj Zizek. It highlights how the theologian relates the revolutionary philosophy of Marxism with the universal singularity of Christianity. It explores Zizek's perspective on the proliferation of Buddhism and other...
- Vilifying Communism and Accommodating Imperialism The Sham and Shame of Slavoj Å½iÅ¾ek's "Honest Pessimism". Lotta, Raymond // International Journal of Zizek Studies;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
The article reflects on the argument of philosopher and cultural theorist Slavoj Zizek on communism, imperialism and pessimism. An explanation of what Zizek calls as honest pessimism is offered. Information on Avakian's "Obervations on Art and Culture, Science and Philosophy and Making...