Unimaginable Acts Imagined: Fathers, Family Myth, and the Postmodern Crisis of Paternal Authority in Toni Morrison's Love
- "Families make the best enemies": Paradoxes of Narcissistic Identification in Toni Morrison's "Love." Mellard, James M. // African American Review;Winter2009, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p699
Presents literary criticism of the novel "Love" by Toni Morrison. It examines narcissistic identification in the novel, reflecting on social and psychoanalytic theorist Slavoj Å½iÅ¾ek's analysis of psychoanalysts Sigmund Freud and Jacques Lacan. Other topics include black subjectivity,...
- Introduction: Faith and the Real. Wright, Edmond // Paragraph;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p5
Introduces several articles which critique the work of philosopher Slavoj Zizek. Requirement for communication; Danger posed by errors made by philosophers; Theme of the books of Zizek.
- In Finesse of Fiddles. Raphael, Frederic // PN Review;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p28
A review of the article by Slavoj Zizek on the British riots published in the "London Review of Books" is presented.
- SEPARATION OF CORPORATION & STATE. // Adbusters Canada;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p69
The article presents quotation by Beverly Vaidus and Slavoj Zizek.
- READING SCHELLING PSYCHOANALYTIC ALLY: Å½IÅ½EK ON THE FANTASY OF THE GROUND OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND LANGUAGE. Carew, Joseph // Symposium: Canadian Journal of Continental Philosophy / Revue Ca;Spring2015, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p39
What are the origins of consciousness and language? Why are so many driven to see them as epiphenomenal to a metaphysically more primordial phenomenon when we have good reasons to think they are irreducible to such? Drawing on the work of the Slovenian psychoanalyst Slavoj Å½iÅ¾ek, and in...
- Love. Fonseca, Rita // Revista CrÃtica de CiÃªncias Sociais;jun2010, Issue 89, p216
The article reviews the book "Love", by Toni Morrison.
- Love. Wilkerson, Carmiele Y. // Femspec;2005, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p192
Reviews the book "Love," by Toni Morrison.
- 'There is no Other of the Other' Symptoms of a Decline in Symbolic Faith, or, ï¿½iï¿½ek's Anti-capitalism. Glynos, Jason // Paragraph;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p78
Redresses the balance between the Lacanian interventions of philosopher Slavoj Zizek in social movement and Marxism. Selections of passages by Zizek; Relation between Lacanian psychoanalysis by Zizek and Marxism; Agreement of Zizek with philosopher Karl Marx.
- ACTING UP. Clark, John // New Humanist;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p18
The article offers information on the life and works of Slovenian philosopher Slavoj Zizek in Great Britain. Accordingly, Zizek has long been known as the enfant terrible of the intellectual world and is also a social critic. In 2005, Zizek married the 26-year-old Argentine model Analia Hounie...