MIDDLE ENGLISH ELEVATION PRAYERS AND THE CORPUS CHRISTI CYCLES
- Using Spiritual Disciplines in Clinical Supervision. Siang-Yang Tan // Journal of Psychology & Christianity;Winter2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p328
The literature on spirituality and religion in clinical supervision is limited compared to the growing literature in recent years on spirituality and religion in psychotherapy. This article focuses specifically on using spiritual disciplines including prayer and Scripture study and discussion in...
- CHAPTER 15: Seymour's Example. Alsen, Eberhard // Salinger's Glass Stories as a Composite Novel;1983, p210
Chapter 15 of the book "Salinger's Glass Stories as a Composite Novel" is presented. It examines the religious ideas that guided Franny's religious convictions in order to understand the nature of Seymour's example shown to her as her brother. It determines what the "The Way of the Pilgrim" and...
- Religion NOTES. Riess, Jana; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;8/12/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 32, p297
Provides an overview of several books about religion. 'Ascent of Mount Carmel: John of the Cross,' edited by Henry Carrigan Jr.; 'The Work We Have to Do: A History of Protestants in America,' by Mark Noll; 'Unceasing Prayer: A Beginner's Guide,' by Debra Farrington.
- Flows of words and flows of blessing The poetics of invocatory speech among the Sa'dan Toraja. WATERSON, ROXANA // Journal of the Humanities & Social Sciences of Southeast Asia & ;2012, Vol. 168 Issue 4, p391
The article focuses on the poetic qualities of some of the invocations of Sa'dan Toraja with use of prayer as a typical form of communication in supporting human's propensity for religion. It notes that religious concepts usually reflect combined ordinary and extraordinary properties. It...
- CHILDREN'S RELIGION NOTES. // Publishers Weekly;1/30/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p73
The article provides an overview of several children's books about religion. They include "Dear God: Little Letter Prayers for Little People," illustrated by Sophie Allsopp, "A Child of God: Stories of Jesus and Stewardship Activities for Children," by Michael Caduto and illustrated by Adelaide...
- Crossing, Dwelling, and A Wandering Jew. Hughes, Aaron W. // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Jun2009, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p406
In this article the author explores the tensions between the ethnographic and the encyclopedia modes of understanding data in response to the book "Crossing and Dwelling: A Theory of Religion," by Thomas A. Tweed. He counters Tweed's encyclopaedism with a specific test case of another diaspora...
- Fall/Winter Religion Books. Dahlin, Robert; Hix, Charles // Publishers Weekly;7/12/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 28, p20
Presents a list of religious books to be released in fall/winter 2004. "What God Wants," by Neale Donald Walsch; "The Passion in Art," by Richard Harries; "Angel Prayers," by Samara Anjelae.
- Top religion stories of 1995. // Christianity Today;1/8/96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p68
Presents a list of the top ten religion stories for the year 1995. Nonprofits claiming of $725 million; Sandi Patty's confession.
- Great works of Western literature infused with a religious view of the world. Dillin, Katherine // Christian Science Monitor;12/16/99, Vol. 92 Issue 16, p16
Presents a list of books from Western literature from the 20th century with religious themes considered influential due to their impact on society.