Means, Meaning, and Mediated Space in "Good Man Is Hard to Find."
- A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND: And Other Stories. L. X. // AudioFile;Apr/May2011, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p52
The article reviews the audiobook "A Good Man Is Hard to Find: And Other Stories," by Flannery O'Connor and narrated by Marguerite Gavin.
- Subject to Limitations: O'Connor's Fiction and the South's Shifting Populations. Donahoo, Robert // Flannery O'Connor Review;2003, Vol. 2, p16
Focuses on the view of American writer Flannery O'Connor about the history of the Southern States. Appearance of the insistence that fiction is based on the specific, the actual, "the real" throughout her essays; Assertion of O'Connor that the fiction writer has to evoke that one country through...
- CHAPTER 3: Finding the Good Man. // Flannery O'Connor & the Mystery of Love;1999, p70
The article features a discussion on "A Good Man Is Hard to Find." O'Connor cannot avoid associating the condition of pain with that of contact with God. Holiness, she says on many occasions, costs. Though both groups of stories in "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" involve wounding, O'Connor...
- The function of signature in `A Good Man Is Hard to Find'. Owens, Mitchell // Studies in Short Fiction;Winter96, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p101
Analyzes the significance of the signature in Flannery O'Connor's work `A Good Man Is Hard to Find.' Main character's confrontation of a lethal manifestation of her changing social order; Demonstration of tension involved in the grandmother's handling of signatures; Reflection of the...
- `One of My Babies': The misfit and the grandmother. Bandy, Stephen C. // Studies in Short Fiction;Winter96, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p107
Studies the two main characters in Flannery O'Connor's book `A Good Man Is Hard to Find.' Story's emphasis on the basic concerns of Christian belief; Significance of the Misfit's directing of the execution of the Grandmother's entire family; Criticism on the story's sentimental view of the...
- GONE WITH THE WIND IN FLANNERY O'CONNOR'S 'A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND': AN ANAGOGICAL BIBLICAL ALLUSION. Piwinski, David J. // English Language Notes;Jun2001, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p73
Focuses on Flannery O'Connor's use of foreshadowing in the novel 'A Good Man Is Hard to Find.' Examples of foreshadowing used by O'Connor; Factors that influence a fiction writer's aesthetic selection of details according to O'Connor.
- THE TIMOTHY ALLUSION IN 'A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND.' Fike, Matthew // Renascence;Summer2000, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p311
Criticizes the allusion of writer Flannery O'Connor to the 1st and 2nd letters of Paul to Timothy in her novel `A Good Man Is Hard to Find.' Construction of the chosen allusion; Interpretation of the allusion; Plot of the novel.
- Flannery O'Connor, a Realist of Distances. Quinn, M. Bernetta // Added Dimension;1978, p157
The article focuses on the prophetic vision of author Flannery O'Connor as well as comments on some of her works related to prophecy. Her work has tremendously increased in value since her death. She also saw vividly the relationship between prophecy and fiction and remarked that a prophet is a...
- A Good Man Is Hard to Find. // New Yorker;6/18/1955, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p93
The article reviews the book "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," by Flannery O'Connor.