- Fitzgerald, Gatsby and The Last Tycoon: The American Dream and the Hollywood Dream Factory--Part Two. Marsh, Joss Lutz // Literature Film Quarterly;1992, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p102
Presents an essay about the similarities of the books `The Great Gatsby' and `The Last Tycoon,' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Threats to human relationships; Perception of reality posed by spectatorial emotions; Emphasis on human interactions; Characters; Interpretations.
- Medium of exchange: The blue coupe dialogue in The Great Gatsby. O'Meara, Lauraleigh // Papers on Language & Literature;Winter94, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p73
Examines F. Scott Fitzgerald's treatment of the subject of the automobile in his novel `The Great Gatsby.' Creative manipulation of the automobile as symbol and image to accomplish a variety of needs; Existing criticism on automobiles in `The Great Gatsby;' Analysis of the episode concerning...
- Possessions in The Great Gatsby. Donaldson, Scott // Southern Review;Spring2001, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p187
Presents a contextual analysis of the novel `The Great Gatsby,' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Limitations of the characters in the story; Comparison with his other works; Message of the story.
- GATSBY: THE FIGURE OF THE HOST. Bordewyk, Gordon // American Notes & Queries;May79, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p141
Presents a critical analysis of the book 'The Great Gatsby,' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Interpretation given by Maxwell Perkins; Description of Gatsby's character; Images that contributed to the scene's intensity.
- Disembodied voices and narrating bodies in The Great Gatsby. Hochman, Barbara // Style;Spring94, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p95
Discusses the narrative styles used by F. Scott Fitzgerald in his book `The Great Gatsby.' Highlighting of the disjunctures of the writer-reader interaction; Status of a writer's voice in relation to a written text and to the reader; Existence of storytelling voices in the novel; Act of reading...
- The maturing of F. Scott Fitzgerald. Margolies, Alan // Twentieth Century Literature;Spring97, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p75
Presents criticisms on F. Scott Fitzgerald's depiction of African Americans and Jews in the book `The Great Gatsby.' Negative effects of ethnic stereotyping; Less reader satisfaction on Fitzgerald's racist concepts; Expression of opposition to Nordicism, a contemporaneous theory of racial...
- F. Scott Fitzgerald's evolving American dream: The `Pursuit of Happiness' in Gatsby, Tender Is... Callahan, John F. // Twentieth Century Literature;Fall96, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p374
Examines F. Scott Fitzgerald's preoccupations with the American dream in the novels `The Great Gastby,' `Tender is the Night,' and `The Last Tycoon.' Things Fitzgerald's characters represent in his real life; Changes in his perceptions on certain ideas; Expression of the American dream in the...
- Fitzgerald, Gatsby, and The Last Tycoon: The `American dream' and the Hollywood dream factory. Marsh, Joss Lutz // Literature Film Quarterly;1992, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p3
Part I. Examines the discussion of motion pictures in the novels `The Great Gatsby,' and `The Last Tycoon,' by writer F. Scott Fitzgerald. Use of movie imagery in `The Great Gatsby'; Features of the conscious self-modeling and self-projection of Fitzgerald's heroes; Features of the novel's...
- Out of Minnesota: Mythography and generational poetics in the writings of Bob Dylan and F. Scott... Bloom, James D. // American Studies (00263079);Spring99, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p5
Compares the writings of 1960s poet-musician Bob Dylan and 1920s novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald. Artists' shared Minnesota origins; Style of writing; Biographical parallels; Analysis of Fitzgerald's book `The Great Gatsby' and some of Dylan's lyrics.